Gmail Notification "Bug"

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's been discussed elsewhere, but haven't seen it reported that for Gmail notifications to vibrate on my S2, I have to have vibrate turned on in notifications for Gmail on my phone. This isn't optional cause I don't like my phone to vibrate for any notifications. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is perplexed about why their S2 doesn't vibrate for Gmail. Check your Gmail phone settings. Oh, and I'm using a Nexus 5.

jehugo

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm perplexed by email in general. I can't get my head around what the email app on the watch is supposed to do. I can get notifications from either the junky stock samsung email, or gmail app, but every time I open the watch mail app there's nothing there. Maybe there's functionality on the way...

Posted via the Android Central App

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought for stock samsung email they were supposed to (finally) sync, so if you delete on the watch it deletes on the phone. Was looking forward to that.

The Gmail thing sounds like a bug. I've always been able to set the phone stock email to notify with a silent ring tone and no vibrate, and my watch still vibrates, and one would expect gmail to operate the same way. Have you tried setting gmail with a sound notification that plays the "silent" sound? Not even sure that's an option though.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought for stock samsung email they were supposed to (finally) sync, so if you delete on the watch it deletes on the phone. Was looking forward to that.

The Gmail thing sounds like a bug. I've always been able to set the phone stock email to notify with a silent ring tone and no vibrate, and my watch still vibrates, and one would expect gmail to operate the same way. Have you tried setting gmail with a sound notification that plays the "silent" sound? Not even sure that's an option though.
Yeah, that's how I have it set, to "silent", on my phone. Doesn't vibrate unless I also set it to vibrate on phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante