Gear S2 vs Gear S2 Classic - I've had both - Noticeable difference

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I returned my standard Gear S2 and bought the Classic model.

Admittedly, this post is subjective because an individual's taste can't be objective but here are my thoughts.

For anyone on the fence (I was), here are some thoughts. The metal case and notched wheel give the Classic a high end look that, to me, almost validates its high price. I think the Classic can be worn with a wider range of outfits. It's not that you can't wear the standard with a dress shirt, it just doesn't fit as much as the Classic does.

I question the leather on the Classic though - it could have been of a higher quality. I wish the Classic came with four bands, not just three, for maximum flexibility like the standard watch. I think the Classic is going to support a wider range of bands.

Switching out the bands is easier on the Classic. I had some trouble with both but ultimately, the Classic was a little easier.

The wheel on the standard watch didn't provide as much feedback as the Classic does in terms of "clicking" as you rotate it from screen to screen. The Classic's wheel is also a little easier for me to grasp because of the notches. Again, subjective... some might want it to be a little smoother.

The standard watch's screen is sunken in just a little bit while the Classic's screen is almost level with the bezel around it. Although this opens it up to be damaged a little more easily, it gives the Classic a smoother look.

Overall, I think these watches are a little overpriced but I do think you get your $50 worth by upgrading to the Classic.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps someone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma