Gear S2 overheating

W U N F

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
hi guys i just got delivered my gear s2 and it was completely dead out of the box whihc surprised me it has no charge in it at all. then i put it on the charger and after a couple hours i go to check and the chargers red light still on and the watch it burning up. way to hot to even touch. i wait a few min and turn it on and it says gear s2 overheating, cooling down some apps may not work.

anyone else have this issue, battery says 100% but charger doesnt stop charging

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
That sounds bad, when I got mine it had a 30 or 60% charge on it (can't specifically remember) when I put it on the charger for about an hour it was not hot at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

camblue

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats not good at all, I got mine at about 56 percent and then charged it the same night and left it there until the next morning and it was cold to the touch.

Nightdiff

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah thats not good at all, I got mine at about 56 percent and then charged it the same night and left it there until the next morning and it was cold to the touch.

I have left mine for days on the charger and its still cool

supersoulfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I had mine heat up once. I set it on the charger and when I checked it some time later I noticed it was crooked and not sitting in the cradle correctly. When I took it off the cradle it was quite hot. Everything operated correctly and I never had any issue with it.

MarknDC

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I got mine yesterday and while it arrived in fine shape (50% charge) I was using it a lot this morning (trying the phone, texting, listening to music, cnn and the running app) and I got an error that it overheated and then shutdown for a few minutes. It wasn't burning hot, just very warm. A a few minutes later it came back to life. I did burn through a lot of the battery: in 4 hours I went from 100% to 40%. I put it into power save mode and it has been holding the charge well for the past 5 hours... hope it is just a bug that an update fixes. Overall its been a great little gadget.

PS: one oddity is that I worked out in the AM (I guess it is the Samsung running app) and after I finished I didn't seem to be able to turn it off. Every time I glanced at my watch the running app was still going. I think that was the culprit that caused the watch to crash...

edis22

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
hi guys i just got delivered my gear s2 and it was completely dead out of the box whihc surprised me it has no charge in it at all. then i put it on the charger and after a couple hours i go to check and the chargers red light still on and the watch it burning up. way to hot to even touch. i wait a few min and turn it on and it says gear s2 overheating, cooling down some apps may not work.

anyone else have this issue, battery says 100% but charger doesnt stop charging

edis22

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Yea i got mine with 40% charge used it for a couple of hrs i have the 4g lte one i dnt know if you have the same but charged it phone was super hot 0% charge waited for it to cool down charged it now i run it on the net work get through one call and it gets hot and shuts down got it yesterday takeing it back tomorow grabbing the lg g watch r this phone is crap

sherryzinn

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I was wearing mine yesterday and it overheated and said something like "gear is overheated and will need to turn off and cool down". (not exact message)

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Only time mine heated up was when I had it on the charger (got it Friday and it was at 21% battery out of the box).

I also was stupid enough to update it right after putting it on the charger. It got pretty warm and gave me the too hot message.

Cooled off pretty quick though after that message. Which would be expected. Not had any issue since.