10-31-2016 11:27 PM
107 12345
tools
    Make sure it shows up with your country code area code and then phone number for example if you live in the United States it should be +1 ×××-×××-××××. Also make sure it is the correct phone number
    On both the phone and the watch it starts with 1, no +. And the number is correct.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 08:44 AM
    Make sure it shows up with your country code area code and then phone number for example if you live in the United States it should be +1 ×××-×××-××××. Also make sure it is the correct phone number
    On both the watch and the phone the number starts with 1 and then the area code. No +. Also, it is showing the correct phone number.

11-18-2015 08:45 AM
    I had mine on auto since Sunday this morning I turned it off and turn it back on and it seems to be functioning. Apparently the search for networks not very accurate so what I would do is turn your phone off and then back on which was suggested by the engineers once they achieved the fix on their end. I will monitor it this week and see how everything goes.
    11-18-2015 08:53 AM
    I had mine on auto since Sunday this morning I turned it off and turn it back on and it seems to be functioning. Apparently the search for networks not very accurate so what I would do is turn your phone off and then back on which was suggested by the engineers once they achieved the fix on their end. I will monitor it this week and see how everything goes.
    I've rebooted both the watch and phone.

11-18-2015 08:58 AM
    It should work with or without the +
    11-18-2015 09:21 AM
    I've rebooted both the watch and phone.
    Make sure you have location on..

I think tmoble engineers was aware of this issue on Sunday. I think the stores really should have been notified on Monday informing the Customer of the issues before walking out of the store like I did and then drive back to the store a couple of times.. I'm not ragging on tmoble because the owner is a cool guy and I know they probably did not do it intentionally. I do feel like the communication should have been more clear that way there a lot of us would not have wasted our time driving back to the store and waiting in line over an hour.
    11-18-2015 09:44 AM
    I know this is off topic, but can I buy a Gear S2 3G from T-Mobile without the data plan-$5/month? I read that you currently have yours set up with only bluetooth, and that is what I want to do. I can't justify to myself paying $5/month when my wife doesn't have to with her Apple Watch.
    11-18-2015 10:38 AM
    Sorry for the repeat, SUPER NOOB over here!!!!
    11-18-2015 10:41 AM
    I understand your frustration the reason why your battery is running low as you probably have it set to ON so it's searching for network the entire day I have mine on Bluetooth only and it lasts me a full day when I get home at 50% and that's from 10 a.m. till 9 p.m... it is a system issue T-Mobile is working very hard to fix it it should be working within a day or so.... and you have 14 days to do an exchange or return and because of the situation they will definitely waive the restocking fee if you choose to do so. Take my advice wait it out a couple of days you will be happy you did...
    I know this is off topic, but can I buy a Gear S2 3G from T-Mobile without the data plan-$5/month? I read that you currently have yours set up with only bluetooth, and that is what I want to do. I can't justify to myself paying $5/month when my wife doesn't have to with her Apple Watch.
    11-18-2015 10:43 AM
    No the 3G version must be activated on a mobile broadband wearable line...
    11-18-2015 11:02 AM
    **004*YOURWATCHNUMBER#
    this code made everything work. just turn off auto call forwarding
    11-18-2015 11:44 AM
    I figured out the call forwarding. I had to go to the gear app and then settings. Under connection, I enabled remote connection. Then, I went into call forwarding and enabled auto call forwarding and it turned on.

11-18-2015 12:23 PM
    Just a FYI......You're wife's Apple Watch, doesn't have a 4g radio, and that is what makes the difference between the two watches. In order for her to make phone calls she has to be connected to the bluetooth of her phone. The Gear S2 by the same token can be connected to the bluetooth of you phone, but its also basically an spare cell phone that can make its own calls away from your main cell phone, which the Apple Watch can't do. Ergo, the $5 month charge. If nothing else, you can always brag to your wife, that your watch can do something that her watch can't.
    11-18-2015 12:48 PM
    Just a heads up. My phone number shows up fine in Gear info about settings.
    Mine also... and when I'm out of range for my phone's bluetooth connection, I'm able to make calls successfully in stand-alone mode.
    11-18-2015 01:41 PM
    No the 3G version must be activated on a mobile broadband wearable line...
    So if I'm reading in between the lines correctly, if i activate it , then cancel the plan a month later, I can have my 3G version and cake too?
    11-18-2015 02:16 PM
    So if I'm reading in between the lines correctly, if i activate it , then cancel the plan a month later, I can have my 3G version and cake too?
    You'll have an S2 that connects to your phone via bluetooth but will not have mobile network connectivity (calls/data) in stand-alone mode since that requires a cellular plan.
    11-18-2015 02:20 PM
    You'll have an S2 that connects to your phone via bluetooth but will not have mobile network connectivity (calls/data) in stand-alone mode since that requires a cellular plan.
    I want a watch that is comparable to the Apple Watch: Bluetooth,SPEAKER, answer a call through the watch. I'm not interested in the GPS, calling when i leave the phone at the house. I don't think I can get away with paying $5/month, when she doesn't. Now i know $5/month is nothing, less than 17 cents a day. I don't think I'm the only one in the same situation.
    11-18-2015 02:39 PM
    I want a watch that is comparable to the Apple Watch: Bluetooth,SPEAKER, answer a call through the watch. I'm not interested in the GPS, calling when i leave the phone at the house.
    It seems like it... a similar scenario is being discussed in another thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ting-plan.html
    11-18-2015 03:08 PM
    Why wouldn't you want to be able to use it as a stand-alone device? Especially now that T-Mobile is working on the availability to use your device phone number on multiple devices which means that your phone could be off or even dead and use your watch with your existing cell phone number!!!!
    11-18-2015 03:23 PM
    Thanks for chiming in Chris, on a related topic, might this be the same reason those of use trying to use our lg watch urbane 2nd editions on tmobile are having that same issue? Because mine worked fine for 2 days and now it doesn't and i keep getting texts saying my wearable sim is in an ineligible device?
    11-18-2015 08:21 PM
    Yes I'm getting the same messages!!!
    11-18-2015 08:50 PM
    Yes I'm getting the same messages!!!
    I'm receiving them as well...
    11-18-2015 08:56 PM
    Count me in too.

Was in the middle of one of those really cool tech moments and then I started getting blown up with these messages. Where you're kind of like "wow, this is pretty cool". Doesn't happen a lot anymore.

I'm a runner. Was finally pulling down a signal on my S2 so wanted to test streaming Milk Music to my Jaybird Blue BlueBud Xs while tracking my run through S health (leaving my phone at home). And at one point, took a call from my mom. Once I hung up and the music began playing again, I was like "wow. This is pretty amazing." But then my signal appeared to start cutting out and I started getting the ineligible device texts. I have to assume the music started cutting out because the signal was sort of going in and out.

Anyway, lots of promise here. I loved walking out the door with just my watch and earbuds. I can't wait till Samsung Pay is enabled on it (anybody know the status of that?). I literally will only need those two things.

Any idea when all will be completely resolved?
    geekaren likes this.
    11-18-2015 09:10 PM
    I believe Samsung pay will be available on the watch early next year January February I think... as far as the issue with the watches I would think another day or two at most...
    11-18-2015 09:20 PM
    Hey! FWIW, I got my S2 in the mail today. I was having the same issue where no matter what number I dialed, I kept getting customer service. So I spoke to a representative and he asked me to go under settings --> gear info --> about device and tell him my ICCID. It turns out this number was different from the SIM they had on file for this line. Perhaps because I'm jumping from the Gear S to the S2 and they still add the old one?? IDK. Anyway, once he updated his system with the S2 ICCID #, I rebooted and was able to make calls from the watch in standalone mode. Wanted to share in case it helps someone else. Also, since doing this, my phone number appears under 'Gear Phone No' where it was unknown before.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-18-2015 09:30 PM
107 12345