Calls to phone automatically transferring to Gear S2 (TMobile)

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
As background, I had a Gear S (on TMobile) and it didn't behave this way...

When I receive a call on my phone (or make an outgoing call from my phone), the call is automatically transferring to my Gear S2 even though call forwarding is deactivated (in the Gear app, and on the Gear S2). In case it matters, I'm using my TMobile Gear S2 with a Nexus 6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

The TMobile tech support guy said that if I have the phone and Gear S2 connected via bluetooth, calls will automatically transfer to the Gear S2 (despite having call forwarding turned off).

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if this is a Marshmallow-related issue. As an experiment, I tried my Gear S2 with my Note5 (android 5.1.1) and it handled calls as expected...call forwarding off = calls don't automatically transfer to Gear S2.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this issue with my Nexus 6P. I can make a call from my phone and it stays on my phone not the watch. I have the WiFi only version though.

Jbrown425

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact issue with the S2 3G that I just picked up. I am using it with my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow. I went into the bluetooth settings on the phone and unchecked phone audio and the problem goes away, but you cannot answer or make calls from the watch this way. Hope this gets fixed soon.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I have the same exact issue with the S2 3G that I just picked up. I am using it with my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow. I went into the bluetooth settings on the phone and unchecked phone audio and the problem goes away, but you cannot answer or make calls from the watch this way. Hope this gets fixed soon.
I can't begin to express how much I appreciate your post... for the past few days, to prevent calls from automatically routing to my watch, I've turned off bluetooth and let the watch sync via wifi. Battery intensive :-(

As you've done, I've unchecked phone audio in bluetooth and that's helped, thanks! Agree, I hope this gets fixed soon...

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Moto X Pure running lollipop. So it is not a marshmallow issue. I have the Verizon grease s2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax