Verizon Samsung Gear S2 3g

blkav8r

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
if you have call forwarding on - if you forget to turn it on before you leave the phone you can turn it off/on from from the gear s2

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a question about the Gear S2 3G version. I used to have an Apple Watch and didn't like it because I always had to have my iPhone 6 with me anywhere I went. With the Gear S2 3G version can I leave my phone at home and receive phone calls, answer phone calls, send and receive text messages, get notifications, play with certain apps, etc? What I really want to do is use Samsung Pay and be able to use Samsung Pay on the Gear S2 and leave my phone at home. Also....is there a way I can keep the same phone number on the Gear S2 as the same phone number that is associated with my cell phone?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the Gear S2 3G version. I used to have an Apple Watch and didn't like it because I always had to have my iPhone 6 with me anywhere I went. With the Gear S2 3G version can I leave my phone at home and receive phone calls, answer phone calls, send and receive text messages, get notifications, play with certain apps, etc? What I really want to do is use Samsung Pay and be able to use Samsung Pay on the Gear S2 and leave my phone at home. Also....is there a way I can keep the same phone number on the Gear S2 as the same phone number that is associated with my cell phone?

I could be wrong (haven't received my s2 yet) but I don't believe Samsung pay is available on it yet

Posted via the Android Central App

Najo

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Both may be possible. AT&T has an app called number sync that runs everything through your main number. Samsung pay is not yet active on the S2 in the US, and when it does come it will be NFC only.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Verizon allows device payment plans on 3g watches?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up on Saturday. Haven't used data much, but played with it incessantly and still had 30% battery after 18hrs usage on my first full charge. It's off to a very good start I'd say!

enigmato

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No.. it is not "full retail only" (because I have it) they offer a pay-as-you-go-like version that adds your phone price to the bill that can be flagged with billing for a 2 month pay, but they do not offer the $25/mo pay-as-you-go plan they do for phones/smart-or-not.

They have the full retail, not tied to a contract, price ($399+/- this price is falling), a tied to your plan but not under contract price ($349 +/-) and the discounted, tied to your plan by 2 yr contract price ($240 +/- which is also falling). I paid $100 down and had the remainder added at the 2 yr plan price which will be further discounted (per billing and in store discussion) where I'll end up paying a less than $150 due to plan discounting (I'm guessing this won't work for everyone).

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the most recent software version is for the 3g variant? I'm on R730VVRU2BPC7

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone gotten the update? Do I do it through the gear app? I've only had the watch for a few days.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There is another thread about the firmware update, but it appears we're not seeing anything yet. Gear Manager should notify you there is an upgrade available, but you can also check manually under Settings in GM.

mhynek

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up, I was at Verizon today and the Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic are on sale for $50 and $100 respectively.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, I was at Verizon today and the Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic are on sale for $50 and $100 respectively.

Yup... Picked up 3... One for me last night and one for my sis and her husband today.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can forward the watch to your phone number. In order for you to have the 3g it has to have its own number. It is not a big deal in my opinion

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone gotten the update? Do I do it through the gear app? I've only had the watch for a few days.

Yes,
On your phone, open Samsung Gear, go to Settings, go to About Gear, Update Settings, then Update Now.

I believe the latest version is R730VVRU2BPC7