AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Just received my AT&T Gear S2 3G. Needs Bluetooth to setup but then works fine using it's own phone number and data on a shared plan.
Can't figure out how to set up Number Sync, any information would be appreciated. Called AT&T, clueless, because it's so new.
Thanks in advance,

Pete

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks (I think), no wonder the AT&T gear-heads didn't have a clue.
Any chance you can point me to where you read that info.

Thanks,

Pete

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Number Sync according to AT&T are suppose to be going to training this week coming for it and it's possible Number Sync maybe coming online maybe by early December

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the AT&T sales force in Bowie, Md confirmed to me yesterday that many of them took the training earlier this week. Sounds like the customer will use phone software to activate NumberSync once it is rolled out.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been beta testing Numbersync for my iPhone for the past couple weeks. Hopefully will come out soon for this.

Master Cole

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I too purchased this wearable hoping to use my primary number across both devices. I understand the Gear still needs a separate line for service but the way number sync works, the only number anyone needs to use to reach you will be tour primary number.

I understand the iPhone already has this feature of technology activated. How long should I expect to wait before I can use number sync with my Android phone???

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Do ANYONE know if the Numbersync will ever work with the Gear S 3g(all the info I see only talks the Gear S2).

Since the Gear S2 can't make any calls by itself, Number Sync wouldn't apply. T-mobile is said to release Number Sync sometime early next year on the 3g version.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Since the Gear S2 can't make any calls by itself, Number Sync wouldn't apply. T-mobile is said to release Number Sync sometime early next year on the 3g version.

Mine can make calls by itself. Number sync will apply. Looking for ward to it.

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Check Gear software update, just updated it specifically for AT&T Number sync.

Keep in mind that your settings will be lost.

You'll have to go into your AT&T account and finish the process and once completed you'll receive a confirmation text from AT&T.

It's here

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded my gear s2 and enabled this with AT&T for it. Not really sure what the advantages are though...does this mean I no longer have to use the forward option to forward stuff to the gear s2 when it isn't connected to the phone? And, if so, will *all* notifications forward with numbersync like they do WITH this option? Not sure I get the advantage of this yet. I have the 3G version!

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok I just deactivated it. My battery life went from 74% to 58% in less than an hour with numbersync on! WOW ! It's a serious battery drain. I noticed that the 4G service was on with Bluetooth when it was activated. So I won't be using it until they can get it to not be such a battery drain. Interested to see others' experiences with battery life and numbersync!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Same thing here with the watch battery drain. I have also deactivated Number Sync for now.I will reactivate again later after my watch is fully charged and monitor the situation.

Edit: Probably a bit early to come to a conclusion but before the AT&T number sync update my watch drained 3 percent an hour through my normal use scenarios and now it is draining 3 percent every 20 minutes.

Edit 2: After 1 hour what normally would be 3 percent drain per hour based on my use scenarios is now draining at 7 percent an hour with number sync activated. Hmm.

Last edited:

King Wilson

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why the battery drain, I've had mine synced since 6 am and seems to just be normal battery usage. I do see the 4G and wifi on. Yes, you will receive all the regular notifications. I put my phone on airplane mode just to see what all I would get. I haven't missed a thing. They update said it was to fix some battery issues also. Perhaps a nice restart?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded my gear s2 and enabled this with AT&T for it. Not really sure what the advantages are though...does this mean I no longer have to use the forward option to forward stuff to the gear s2 when it isn't connected to the phone? And, if so, will *all* notifications forward with numbersync like they do WITH this option? Not sure I get the advantage of this yet. I have the 3G version!

My Gear S2 worked very well with being connected, receiving notifications and such, and forwarding when on remote connection so I am wondering if this number sync feature is really necessary. I guess the one advantage of this number sync is the phone can actually be off and the watch still gets everything forwarded to it but my phone is always on anyways.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I did notice when I tried to deactivate it it wouldn't work. A rebooted and it is now off. I might try it again later now that I have rebooted. Maybe it was just a quirk with getting it setup to begin with.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My gear s2 is royally screwed up now. It won't even charge. I rebooted it without numbersync and it went from 74% battery to 0 % in less than an hour. I'm trying to charge it but it's been set at 0% for 10 minutes. It just turned on and said gear is cooling down. I think it is now royally screwed up. Thanks AT&T and Samsung....this device which I have a 2-year plan on is now worthless. Calling for a replacement soon I think...at least I have insurance on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21