AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

patton02

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to deactivate and ask for a new sync code but it looks like the update is working better. At least so far so good.

Posted via Note 5

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No problems thus far since I've updated and started using Numbersync.
I'm getting my calls, text messages and other notifications. I'm monitoring my battery life to see if it's draining the battery faster than I normally see.

Posted via the Android Central App

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I checked this morning and there is an update for the gear s2. A couple fixes were numbersync related. One was voicemail related. Nothing said about battery fixes but I may try it again after this upgrade.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have activated Number Sync again after the update this morning. No issues so far and it seems battery life has improved noticeably. With Number Sync on, screen brightness at 6, WiFi off, NFC off, and BT on and connected to my Note 5, battery drain is averaging between 2 percent and 3 percent an hour compared to around 7 percent an hour after the previous update. I receive emails, texts, and other application notifications with my set up. So far so good.

Last edited:

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am having all of these same issues, battery life and and sync turning on and off, how frustrating I guess I will be going to the ATT store.

Battery issues can be contributed to screen brightness, NFC & WI-FI being turned on. Turn off, reduce screen brightness to 4 or 5. Screen always on can also drain your battery

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No problems thus far since I've updated and started using Numbersync.
I'm getting my calls, text messages and other notifications. I'm monitoring my battery life to see if it's draining the battery faster than I normally see.

Same issue came back, all my calls started going straight to voice-mail.
Called AT&T and informed her of my problem letting her know that I activated Numbersync this morning.
She checked on her end, even though I reactivated it, there were some errors that she noticed and eventually corrected.
Once you activate or reactive numbersync, you should call back AT&T and have them double check to make sure there are no errors.

MoCityTx

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Finally gave up just doesn't work with a phone not sold by AT&T such as the Nexus 6P. Hopefully in the future they'll enable the HD voice and NumberSync.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

The update fixed my issues. Just be warned though that anybody who has multiple devices on their account, it will take a bit of work to get them all connected via Number Sync. Example: Say you have 2 Note 5's and 2 AT&T connected Gear S2 watches and you want them connected via Number Sync, you will have to have a separate Access ID for each person on the account. My Gear S2 and Note 5 were connected with Number Sync. Simple. Connecting my wife's Gear S2 and her Note 5 via my account log in kept defaulting to my devices. AT&T was still trying to work on that issue. So as of last night the fix was creating another access ID for my wife's devices, obtaining a sync code from her watch, and then finally entering the new access ID and password using her phone which enabled her devices to be connected via Number Sync. It did not work using the Web browser on the computer. Everything is good to go now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

Before the initial Number Sync software update maybe 2 weeks ago my Gear S2 was averaging 3 percent an hour with my usage scenarios. Minimal use of the Gear S2 phone, regular notifications of applications and emails, texts, etc. Screen brightness set at 5 or 6, vibrate and sound activated, Wifi and NFC off and BT on. Then with the first Number Sync update my Gear S2 ran very warm and averaged 7 to 8 percent an hour of drain. I had to reset my watch and did not reactivate Number Sync. Then after yesterday's update I reactivated Number Sync and am back down to 3 to 4 percent battery drain an hour which is expected. Also the watch is no longer operating very warm. No issues and all notifications and forwarding when necessary are working. I am satisfied with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

AshRoman13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Just received my AT&T Gear S2 3G. Needs Bluetooth to setup but then works fine using it's own phone number and data on a shared plan.
Can't figure out how to set up Number Sync, any information would be appreciated. Called AT&T, clueless, because it's so new.
Thanks in advance,

Pete

AshRoman13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Any news on this? We just added the S2 3G watch and the message said to get a 5 digit code from the device to sync it. Where?! I can't find it on the device. Any help?

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Any news on this? We just added the S2 3G watch and the message said to get a 5 digit code from the device to sync it. Where?! I can't find it on the device. Any help?

The 5 digit code worked for me, although it seemed like the process took a few minutes after the message appears. At the time, I had my AT&T S2 3G connected via bluetooth to my Samsung Note 4, and IT had a Wifi connection to the internet. Eventually, the code DID appear on the watch.

As a side note, I started the NumberSync activation process on my desktop browser, and, when I got the 5 digit code on the watch, I input the code into my desktop browser (not into the browser page on my phone). It worked.

Finally, I'm MUCH happier with the battery life after this latest watch software update from AT&T. I started the day at 8 am with the watch at 100%. I keep bluetooth on, Mobile Network to Auto-Switch; WIFI, GPS, NFC, Location all off, brightness at 5, and a watchface that doesn't stay on all the time. I get numerous messages and texts throughout the day, and a couple of short phone calls. As I write this, at 9:10 pm, I'm at 67% battery on the watch.

crp

patton02

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, my first test of NS after the latest update. Left my phone in my truck and watched Star Wars. The watch got super hot and dropped from ~65% to 8% in an hour. Number sync had been connected but when I looked at it again it wanted me to set it up. This has become increasingly frustrating.

Posted via Note 5

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Decided to give it another try. Ok, I just turned number sync back on for my gear s2. I have the latest update. Screen display is set at 4, location is off, watch face I always use that doesn't cause battery issues, bluetooth is on, and not really using the watch for anything else right now. It's exactly 3:09 p.m. I'll see how much/fast the battery drains.

For those of you using it, did you turn the auto forwarding off for the gear s2 now since well, it really isn't needed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz