AT&T Gear S2 3G Number Sync?

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been beta testing Numbersync for my iPhone for the past couple weeks. Hopefully will come out soon for this.

I was worried this was going to be delayed forever on the iPhone. Are we close to being able to use one number across my iPhone and Android devices?

I am hoping to pick up my Gear S2 today.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Be careful of using it though. I just talked to AT&T who were helpful but they also recommended factory reset. Performing a light reset now but if it isn't gone, I"m going to do a complete factory reset to get rid of the numbersync for now. Finally got mine to 20% charge to be able to even reset it. Hoping they'll fix the battery issues.....at least on mine :)

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 options for number sync....turn it off or deactivate it. Deactivating it will require a new code generated to connect again. For now I am leaving the watch with number sync deactivated. It drained twice as much battery with number sync and it ran noticeably warmer. This update needs an update. I am using my Gear S2 with a Note 5.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been using AT&T NumberSync on my Gear S2 all day with no difference in battery usage. The battery drains faster when disconnected from my Note 5, but that was the case even before NumberSync as the watch uses more power when the mobile network is turned on.

I am liking this NumberSync a lot thus far! It is so much nicer not having to worry about the watch remotely connecting to the phone and having the frequent failed to forward calls issue. Since others have said they have seen more battery drain I will monitor mine. I have WiFi and GPS turned off and mobile networks set to auto and the screen turned off. I usually get 3-4 days (14 hours a day) use out of the battery currently.

King Wilson

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have been using AT&T NumberSync on my Gear S2 all day with no difference in battery usage. The battery drains faster when disconnected from my Note 5, but that was the case even before NumberSync as the watch uses more power when the mobile network is turned on.

I am liking this NumberSync a lot thus far! It is so much nicer not having to worry about the watch remotely connecting to the phone and having the frequent failed to forward calls issue. Since others have said they have seen more battery drain I will monitor mine. I have WiFi and GPS turned off and mobile networks set to auto and the screen turned off. I usually get 3-4 days (14 hours a day) use out of the battery currently.

It the exact same thing for me as well. I love it. I expected more drain when I'm not connected.

Posted via the Android Central App

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ended up having to do a factory reset to my Gear S2. Battery drain was still present at a high rate. I am doing a restore now and will monitor things tomorrow during work. If this doesn't work then I will contact AT&T to have this evaluated and possibly swapped for another Gear S2 as I have only had this watch for 1 week.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm very envious of you guys with little battery drain! I really want to use it. I also have wifi and gps off. Screen display is 4 and only comes on for notifications or when I turn my wrist. Battery is back to normal for me now that I did a light reset and didn't activate numbersync. I really want to use it though. I might try again in a few days just to see...now that I know I can do a light reset to get things back to normal if needed.

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Since I first reported Numbersync was active yesterday, I had nothing but issues with it. After several "Light" resets and 2 Factory resets, countless calls back and forth with AT&T and one totally wasted call to Samsung Techs (Samsung if you're reading these threads, your tech support thoroughly SUCKS). Well I got Numbersync going on a couple of different occassions to where I have turned off and deactivated for the final conclusion.

1) Yes it seems like for the short time I was actually using it, battery killer.
2) At one time, I wasn't getting notifications such as text messages, i.e., that I should've gotten.
3) Got to the point to where my phone calls were going directly to my voice mail, couldn't receive a damn call, as AT&T Tech Support figured out.
4) In order to receive a call I would had to put the watch in Standalone mode, turning off the Bluetooth.
5) Then there was the couple of messages about the watch overheating and becoming sluggish. Never experienced messages like that until this last update with NumberSync.
6) NumberSync on the S2 would turn on and off by it's damn self, I couldn't even manually turn it on myself or off from the watch. Turned off via my account online and dactivated via watch to finalize it.

For now I'm leaving it alone until there is another update which will be needed soon, because of the glitches myself and others have noticed since getting it.

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone able to get the NumberSync to work on a Business account?

I was on the phone with AT&T Biz this morning. They claimed they didn't know this was going live yesterday. The problem I'm having now is when I enter in the NumberSync code on the web site, there is a "temporary" website error.

jakestgermain

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I was on the phone with AT&T Biz this morning. They claimed they didn't know this was going live yesterday. The problem I'm having now is when I enter in the NumberSync code on the web site, there is a "temporary" website error.

I am getting the exact same error. I can make right to the part where I register the device and then it shoots out some SVVC_something_FAILURE
Will you let me know if you get a resolution?

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday too. It works fine and I haven't noticed any battery drain issues the past 24 hours. Yes, it looks like the number sync eliminated my call forwarding setup in my Note 5 and calls now ring my S2 and the Note at almost the same time even when they are disconnected from one another. Also, when my S2 is disconnected from wifi and bluetooth, it automatically goes into standalone mode without any delay or messaging. In that respect, the transition is more seamless and faster. Also, I've noticed that all my messages are now listed on the S2 just like on the phone and you can select and delete individual messages on the S2 and they will be simultaneously deleted on your phone. As to missed calls, the S2 displays the missed calls and times and you can easily use the S2 dialer, hit #1, and retrieve voice messages. (It would be nice if Samsung added a voicemail widget or app to simplify the process.) Let me know if any of you observe any other features/uses for the number sync option.

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
While I still have the NumberSync battery drain problem, thinking down the road a bit: if I have NumberSync active, will I still need a separate phone number for the S2?

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would think you would because it still has to have a mobile plan. But that is a good question. I haven't retried it yet but, I have been tempted reading some of the posts.

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Just hung up again with AT&T. They actually keep calling me with updates. We turned off bluetooth on my watch and turned mobile networks on and the guy was able to call the number assigned to my watch. So as of right now I have two numbers between my watch and phone. He's not sure why the server online is giving the error but he's researching.

jakestgermain

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Just hung up again with AT&T. They actually keep calling me with updates. We turned off bluetooth on my watch and turned mobile networks on and the guy was able to call the number assigned to my watch. So as of right now I have two numbers between my watch and phone. He's not sure why the server online is giving the error but he's researching.

Thats whats supposed to happen without NumberSync. To test if NumberSync is working, you should be able to shut your phone off completely and dial your phone number and it should ring on your watch. I don't know why they are having issues making this work with business accounts.

abisai

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
At first I had issues but, I now have NumberSync working with my Gear S2 and so far everything is working as intended. Its pretty obvious ATT dropped the ball when it comes to preparing their support organizations. My local ATT store had no clue about NumberSync other than, yea its something new. Telephone support was fairly clueless as well. The person helping me was very polite but, you could tell she was reading the tech support play book.

To activate NumberSync you need to make sure you have the latest update installed. Once installed a NumberSync message will pop up on your device. Just follow the prompts. If you ever need to get back into NumberSync just check the connection settings. If you have the correct update on your phone you should find a menu item for NumberSync.

My first issue was that I could not pair my Gear S2 with my primary line. It would default to my business line even when selecting my personal line during setup. In order to fix the issue, I had to associate my login ID with my personal line. Somehow during one of my may upgrades my business line became associated with my login ID.

The next issue I noticed was battery drain. In my case it turns out that was related to WIFI being on. As soon as I disabled WIFI my battery drain issues seem to have disappeared. I'm not sure what could be causing it, for the moment its working correctly.

I had to re-connect my S2 to NumberSync a second time after my initial pairing. I suspect this was due to what the ATT support person was doing on her end.

Hope this is helpful!

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

from the time you get the code you only have 15 minutes to use it. It opens a browser on your phone and I was able to do it there

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
At first I had issues but, I now have NumberSync working with my Gear S2 and so far everything is working as intended. Its pretty obvious ATT dropped the ball when it comes to preparing their support organizations. My local ATT store had no clue about NumberSync other than, yea its something new. Telephone support was fairly clueless as well. The person helping me was very polite but, you could tell she was reading the tech support play book.

To activate NumberSync you need to make sure you have the latest update installed. Once installed a NumberSync message will pop up on your device. Just follow the prompts. If you ever need to get back into NumberSync just check the connection settings. If you have the correct update on your phone you should find a menu item for NumberSync.

My first issue was that I could not pair my Gear S2 with my primary line. It would default to my business line even when selecting my personal line during setup. In order to fix the issue, I had to associate my login ID with my personal line. Somehow during one of my may upgrades my business line became associated with my login ID.

The next issue I noticed was battery drain. In my case it turns out that was related to WIFI being on. As soon as I disabled WIFI my battery drain issues seem to have disappeared. I'm not sure what could be causing it, for the moment its working correctly.

I had to re-connect my S2 to NumberSync a second time after my initial pairing. I suspect this was due to what the ATT support person was doing on her end.

Hope this is helpful!

On AT&T's end, there is 2 codes that should be there. Don't ask me what exactly, yes a couple I had were clueless but pleasant and tried their best, even had one call me this mornng because it bothered her that she couldn't resolve the issue. On the WiFi part, mines is always off, but with NumberSync it seems to override that and turns it on regardless, that's what I noticed on mines.

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
While I still have the NumberSync battery drain problem, thinking down the road a bit: if I have NumberSync active, will I still need a separate phone number for the S2?

It seems that the only way NumberSync will work is that the S2 has to have it's own number to sync with your cell number

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay