How long is the Samsung Gear S2 battery supposed to last?

vocalist

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I hate to revive an old thread but have a battery question. I've had my Gear S2 for a week and the battery has been better than I expected. This morning, however, I ran into an issue. I took it off at 11pm last night and turned off notifications and set it on my dresser. Eventually, I turned my phone (Note 5) off while charging as well. I got up this morning and put the S2 on around 11am and when I finally went to check the steps, the watch was off. I turned it on and got a notification that the battery was too low and either needed to turn off or go into power saving mode. It was at 68% last night when I took it off and when I put it on the charger, it was at 4% so I'm a little confused. Was it trying to look for a signal while my phone was off, even though notifications were turned off? Any thoughts? I did a similar set up the night before, though with my phone on all night, and it was fine in the morning. I appreciate the help.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like what happened to me in my other battery thread. ~60% to zero in a couple of hours. I assume there's a runaway process that can cause this; unclear whether it's related to the radio or not. Since there's no process explorer on the watch there's no way to tell. Ideally one could catch this behavior with enough battery life left to run a process explorer and then see what app is pegging the CPU (or whatever is happening).

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you're definitely not alone.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing ok and then it started losing battery really fast. For a few days I tried to figure it out and then I saw on here to reboot the watch. (Which I knew and always tell others about their phone or watch) I rebooted the watch and my phone and the battery life has been excellent ever since. With wake up gesture on, wifi off, nfc off, and quit a lot of use I am getting 20 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

DavidC1980

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been on my wrist since 7am (6 hours) from a full charge and still have 93% battery left. I find I can get 3 days out of a charge if I just power it off overnight.

J Ferber

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I have the same problem, i am having a nightmare with Samsung, waiting on an "Exchange" after was initially promised one since it was brand new and i reported issue right away, anyways after sending back twice, they are finally "exchanging it" with what we will see, it's been 14 days, they say they have 15 business days (21 days) to process an exchange.. i ordered it on March 6th via ATT.com, and still as of May 5th , 2020, dont have my watch.... worst experience ever, and do not advise you to get one of these watches.. if you make the same mistake i did, call your carrier and demand to RETURN it, not exchange or warranty repair it.. then buy a brand new one, it is MUCH faster and much less painful.. i've

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts on this? (Besides whatever @J Ferber is talking about) Maybe I expect too much, but mine barely lasts 12 hours, and sometimes not at all. And I don't have a lot of usage. Sure, I push notifications to it, but because of the time I wear it, very few notifications are received. I charge it every day and it should be at 100% when I use it, but battery life is very poor lately.

Also, the back "plate" fell over last week. I was able to glue it back on, but wonder if this has any effect. Been looking at the Active2, if anyone has any thoughts.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Battery life in general is usually stated in charging cycles, usually 500 full 0-100% charges. The S2 is nearly 6 years old, so it's likely the battery is shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781