Why isn't my S2 getting texts or emails?

justwikid

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
S2 not getting texts or emails

So lately my gear s2 has been giving me issues by not giving me text or email notifications. When this happened I did a light refresh and it helped it out for a few hours but would go back to no text or email notifications. And now, after doing a factory refresh and reinstalling the gear apps, I am not getting text or email notifications. I have all my settings set right in the gear app and through the phone settings app notification. The funny thing is is that I get phone calls on my gear s2 but nothing else. Anybody else having this issue? FYI my phone is an LG v10. I have a suspicion that this is a Gear app problem. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Jbrown425

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: S2 not getting texts or emails

Mine started doing that also yesterday after an update to the Gear Apps. I was using Messenger for sms on my Nexus 6P and no matter what I did I could not get notifications to the watch. I switched to using Hangouts for sms and now get the text notifications. Haven't figured out the mail yet.

anon(19677)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Notifications seem to be real flakey on the S2. I keep getting work email notifications on my watch even though they are not checked in Gear manager.

Posted via the Android Central App

Coloradio

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes, me too... Although I do get texts from WhatsApp. I also do not have the ability to answer a call from my watch.

Daryl Langford

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

So lately my gear s2 has been giving me issues by not giving me text or email notifications. When this happened I did a light refresh and it helped it out for a few hours but would go back to no text or email notifications. And now, after doing a factory refresh and reinstalling the gear apps, I am not getting text or email notifications. I have all my settings set right in the gear app and through the phone settings app notification. The funny thing is is that I get phone calls on my gear s2 but nothing else. Anybody else having this issue? FYI my phone is an LG v10. I have a suspicion that this is a Gear app problem. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

I recently started having the same problem after the gear ap update. The watch will show that someone is calling but no texts

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I recently started having the same problem after the gear ap update. The watch will show that someone is calling but no texts

Just started happening to me today. No updates or new apps added. Just stopped getting text notification. Verizon 3g

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I think it has something to do when Gear Manager updates itself. I used to have the same issue with my Gear S...it even went into constant boot loops after the Gear Manager updated. Is there anyway to prevent updates from happening? I would rather have a working Gear S2 versus having the latest updates (especially since these updates rarely fix core watch stability).

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the 3G/4G version. When mine does this, it's usually because somehow it turned off Numbersync. You can turn it back on in the settings on the phone.

trackrunner7

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Right, it might be with the sync or the gear manager. Also, another option could be if the watch is acting as stand alone, connected over bluetooth, or wi-fi. When mine was connected over wi-fi, it showed connected on the phone but didn't send text or e-mail notifications but when connected over bluetooth, is when sends the notifications no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463