How to get vibration for new notifications on the watch but not on the phone

zuko33

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get the watch to vibrate and have the notification pop up on the home screen when i get a new email but not have my phone (Galaxy s6 edge+) vibrate. If i set the phone not to vibrate on new messages the watch also stops vibrating on new messages and no notification pops up on the watch. The notification is there but i have to manually go to the notification screen to see it. Once i turn vibration on new message back on on the phone the watch vibrates and the notifications pop back up on the home screen.
Anyone know a setting or something i am missing to get just the watch to vibrate and pop up new notifications but not vibrate the phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... that's odd. If I put my phone on Mute (no sound, no vibration), the watch still gets notifications and vibrates accordingly. Note 5 (so shouldn't be much different than the S6 Edge +), Moto360 1st gen. No special settings or anything...

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get the watch to vibrate and have the notification pop up on the home screen when i get a new email but not have my phone (Galaxy s6 edge+) vibrate. If i set the phone not to vibrate on new messages the watch also stops vibrating on new messages and no notification pops up on the watch. The notification is there but i have to manually go to the notification screen to see it. Once i turn vibration on new message back on on the phone the watch vibrates and the notifications pop back up on the home screen.
Anyone know a setting or something i am missing to get just the watch to vibrate and pop up new notifications but not vibrate the phone.

I know what you are talking about. I was wondering the same. I don't think you can. If the app is not set to vibrate your phone it won't vibrate on your watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... that's odd. If I put my phone on Mute (no sound, no vibration), the watch still gets notifications and vibrates accordingly. Note 5 (so shouldn't be much different than the S6 Edge +), Moto360 1st gen. No special settings or anything...

I don't think he was talking about having your phone on not vibrate but the app. As an example I have it set up so e-mail don't vibrate on phone so. Therefore it doesn't vibrate on my watch.

zuko33

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think he was talking about having your phone on not vibrate but the app. As an example I have it set up so e-mail don't vibrate on phone so. Therefore it doesn't vibrate on my watch.

Yes this is what i am talking about. If i set my email program to not vibrate on the phone then the watch also does not vibrate. I only want the watch to vibrate when i get a new email not the phone. I guess if there is no way to do what i want i'll have to live with it.

supersoulfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a Galaxy phone (LG G3), but here's what I do.

I have my phone set to vibrate. But in the vibration intensity settings on my phone I have turned down to 0, so it doesn't actually vibrate.

Watch vibrates, phone does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol