My new toy will be here on Friday, but I am trying to see if 3rd party emails can be used the same way as the stock email. On my Note 5, the stock email sadly syncs my Yahoo emails in 15 minutes interval, too long. I have been using a 3rd party email app instead, Type Mail, and love it! So will Type Mail on the watch works the same way where I can receive/reply Yahoo emails instantly as the stock email? Or do I have to use the stock email, and suffer the long 15 minutes wait for my Yahoo emails? The pic attached is the synch schedule for my Yahoo emails on my stock email Note 5.
    Attached Thumbnails TMobile 3G version: can a 3rd party email app work the same way as the stock email?-1448464454617.jpg  
    11-25-2015 09:15 AM
    The stock email app has to interface with external email services just like the 3rd parties.... functionally speaking, you shouldn't have any loss. The only time things come into play is if there are some enhanced features on the stock app (like popping windows, interfaces with things like the S-Pen, etc) that you might not get with a 3rd party app.

Try it out... what's the worst that can happen? You notice things are a little wonky with the new app and go back to the stock one. No harm, no foul. But I am guessing you'll have no issues once you find the right 3rd party one.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-25-2015 10:16 AM
    My new toy will be here on Friday, but I am trying to see if 3rd party emails can be used the same way as the stock email. On my Note 5, the stock email sadly syncs my Yahoo emails in 15 minutes interval, too long. I have been using a 3rd party email app instead, Type Mail, and love it! So will Type Mail on the watch works the same way where I can receive/reply Yahoo emails instantly as the stock email? Or do I have to use the stock email, and suffer the long 15 minutes wait for my Yahoo emails? The pic attached is the synch schedule for my Yahoo emails on my stock email Note 5.
    Install Android Wear. You don't have to open it or anything, but it's existence will allow for the same options (e.g., replying via the keyboard).

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-25-2015 10:41 PM
    Install Android Wear. You don't have to open it or anything, but it's existence will allow for the same options (e.g., replying via the keyboard).

Thanks, I didn't know we can install Android Wear on a Tizan smartwatch.
    11-25-2015 10:52 PM

Wait, what? Really? Just installing Android Wear will give any 3rd party email client extra features/options? How do install AW on this watch? Don't see it in the Samsung Apps Store. Or do you mean install Android Wear on your phone, not the watch? I'm confused.
    11-26-2015 04:37 AM
    Just install it on the phone. I don’t use it on my S2 but I do on my Pebble.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G
    11-26-2015 08:25 AM
    Just install it on the phone. I don’t use it on my S2 but I do on my Pebble.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G
    Installed AW on my Note 5. I actually have the Gear 2 Neo right now and it didn't change anything on the watch (using Maildroid Pro email app). Do these changes and additional features you talk about only appear on the Gear S2 watch? Do they all of a sudden just show up or do you need to do anything on the phone or watch?

Thanks!
    11-26-2015 02:21 PM