Gear S2 3G - answering calls issue

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but no matter what, if I'm connected to the watch and I answer a call on my phone, it automatically answers it on the watch.

I have call forwarding turned off. And I can't find any settings to define the action further.

It's quite a hassle.

Any tips or ideas?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like an issue with your phone routing the call to the watch. Is it a Samsung phone? If not, is it on their compatibility list for android devices?

Normally when a phone has a BT device connected to "call audio" it automatically routes calls to that device (since it thinks it's a BT headset or speakerphone). My guess is Gear Manager somehow alters that behavior, because I'm able to answer calls on the Note 5 despite the watch being connected with "Call Audio" as the BT profile.

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like an issue with your phone routing the call to the watch. Is it a Samsung phone? If not, is it on their compatibility list for android devices?

Normally when a phone has a BT device connected to "call audio" it automatically routes calls to that device (since it thinks it's a BT headset or speakerphone). My guess is Gear Manager somehow alters that behavior, because I'm able to answer calls on the Note 5 despite the watch being connected with "Call Audio" as the BT profile.

LG G4. And yeah, it's on the list. :)

I checked the bluetooth settings and the Call Audio option was checked. Unchecked it and wa-la. Fixed.

The one downside is that now I can't answer it on the watch if I wanted to. I removes that option. But alas, better than having to answer the call then turn off BT for the call each time. lol

Thank you!

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Update: Every time I get far enough away from the phone that the BT disconnects, it resets the setting for call audio. *sigh*

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but wtf... So, to be clear - without Bluetooth active there is no way to have both the phone and the watch ring for the same call, right? If I have call forwarding turned on my Moto X pure (T-Mobile) doesn't ring, but the watch does. If I have bluetooth and call forwarding turned off, then the phone rings but the watch does not. The watch's outbound number is set to the number that T-Mobile assigned, and I can't change it to my phone's. I can live with this, but I'm not entirely sure that's how the watch was marketed.

Once paired with a compatible AndroidTM phone, 3G or 4G standalone capability lets you make calls directly from your wrist – even when your phone isn’t close at hand – thanks to a built-in speaker and microphone.

Dunc

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but wtf... So, to be clear - without Bluetooth active there is no way to have both the phone and the watch ring for the same call, right? If I have call forwarding turned on my Moto X pure (T-Mobile) doesn't ring, but the watch does. If I have bluetooth and call forwarding turned off, then the phone rings but the watch does not. The watch's outbound number is set to the number that T-Mobile assigned, and I can't change it to my phone's. I can live with this, but I'm not entirely sure that's how the watch was marketed.

Once paired with a compatible AndroidTM phone, 3G or 4G standalone capability lets you make calls directly from your wrist – even when your phone isn’t close at hand – thanks to a built-in speaker and microphone.

Dunc

I'm on verizon, but we use conditional call forwarding, so the phone rings first, then the watch. That's different than regular call forwarding (it's conditional on you not answering the phone). Does t-mobile offer that? Also, eventually t-mo is supposed to get something like Numbersync (that's AT&T's product) - t-mobile said their implementation would be even better than AT&T's, though I haven't followed specifics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers