Trying to install apps but thinks it's disconnected

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just trying to install the Uber app from the gear apps store and every time it comes up with an error that it can't install unless connected to the gear yet it IS connected. Have disconnected and reconnected it several times and still won't work. Anyone else have this problem with apps before?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
As you read from my previous post, I had the same problem with the Mr. Time app. At first I could install other apps so I just let it go for a while but then I couldn't install any app so I did the drastic uninstall-reintall of Gear Manager and watch. It actuall wasn't that much of a hassle though and its been working fine since.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I did try to reboot both devices several times and it didn't help but thanks!

littlebit, thank you! I saw your post after I had posted. I went ahead and uninstalled gear manager and it worked. It wasn't as drastic as when I had to reset my gear s. It actually kept all the settings!

It's back now and working fine. Thank you both!

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well low and behold my watch has started acting up again. The gear apps manager doesn't think it's connected but it is. . This is really getting annoying!!

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me so much I have had to turn off the call forwarding feature. With my phone in my hand it turns on as though I am out of range from it. Drained the battery in 9 hours connecting and disconnecting all day. I am getting so sick of all the problems with this watch I am about to walk away from Samsung complety. (I use all samsung products and have had every watch and Note) I'm trying to wait for the update but samsung hasn't even said if the US will get it much less when.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
The only option that fully worked for me with Samsung reps help was to clear data in the gear app on phone. And make a new Samsung account password. The password must have a couple numbers, capitals and a symbol or **** messes up and I'tll buffer forever.. Clearing data does a soft reset but it's not bad. Hit back up first in setting of phone app. Then after soft reset u just put a few things u downloaded back on.. I had to learn this after a week of multiple hard resets ect. Nothing woukd download for me and my Samsung account wouldn't connect. It's been perfect since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca