Techniques for maintaining watch/phone communication

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
What do you do when one of your Gear S2 apps looses its connection with your phone? It shouldn't be the case, but as frequent postings to this forum show, email, messages, some notifications and other apps sometimes just stop updating or otherwise maintaining their connection. Please list your tricks and tips here, and I'll try to update this post.

• Simplest: turn the watch off, and turn it back on again. (When My Notes wouldn't update for me, and when Here navigation wouldn't connect, this worked for me.)
  • Almost as simple: turn off the watch, restart your phone, and then turn the watch back on.
  • The nuclear option: delete the Samsung Gear app on your phone, reset your watch to factory settings, and reload everything. (PITA. This seems to be the only thing Samsung support knows to recommend.)
  • My email connection became much more reliable when I set the Samsung email app on my Note 4 to "receive status bar notifications when emails arrive" (Settings/Priority sender settings), set "Delay email sending" to off, and on the phone's settings, set Sound and Notification/Application Notifications/Email/Set as Priority to On. I do NOT actually use the Samsung stock email app to access my email on my phone; I use Typemail.
  • For email in particular, I found that turning off the notifications for all your email clients on the phone app, restarting the phone, and then turning notifications back on, got things going again.

Until the GS2's software matures to the point that all this isn't needed, we might as well share info.

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Any recommendations for when none of your calendar appointments will populate on your Gear? I have spent 8 hours accumulatively with Samsung Support online on the phone and in person and I am just about fed up and ready to return this thing even though I enjoy the other aspects of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol