Tighten Up the Screws!

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up for those of you with the Gear S2 sport. One of the bands on my S2 band inexplicably fell off yesterday and basically wouldn't reliably stay attached to the watch. After close inspection, I found that the 2 tiny screws in the band had become loose and therefore weren't creating enough pressure to keep the band attached to the locking mechanism on the watch. Fortunately, as soon as I found my micro screwdriver and tightened the loose screws, everything was back to normal. A word to the wise: periodically wiggle your band to ensure that the screws are still "factory" tight because your watch could simply fall off without warning. Samsung definitely needs to change the attachment design on the next generation Gear S2.Gear S2 band fix.jpg

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though I still yearn for the LG Urbane 2nd Edition that I returned to AT&T, I have increasingly found the S2 to be a great smartwatch. Even without the extensive app selection and the newest update, the S2 is meeting virtually all my day-to-day needs. I now leave my phone in the car when I go to the gym, walk around my office, or do quick runs to the store. The battery life is fine and the display is great even though I consistently set the brightness at 3 or 4. It's super comfortable and I'm satisfied with the 20 or so watch faces I've installed and stylized. And of course, the rotating bezel is fun and becomes easier to use the more you handle it. The biggest issues for me are: the lack of inexpensive watch bands; the screen size could be larger like the Urbane; and the lack of an option to have the watch to stay on the last screen when you wake it up so you can more easily refer to lists, maps and the music player. In my view, the next gen S2 will be a beast if Sammy fully exploits the potential of this watch.

Btw, the correct screwdriver size for tightening the screws is #00 and they're on Amazon for $5 prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon