web browser for gear s2???????

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if I can read messages on my s2 3g, I can read a browser. I can't believe there's isn't a browser available

Posted via the Android Central App

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
There's a browser called tinyweb available on the store. It's a work in progress, so it may not work for you, but it exists.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but I think samsung has gone backwards every time they released a new version of this watch in one way or another. First they removed the camera, then they removed Evernote, (notes for gear SUCKS) now they have removed the browser. And in my opinion the gear S was way better that this one. There are just to many issues with this one. I'm really kind of sorry I gave up the Gear S for this one.

I'll agree on the S vs the S2 point... Put a new engine in the S and it's my fav android watch yet.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Why the need to insult those who have a desire to use their watch as more than a phone butler?
As a staff member of a forum I use my S1 often to open links in reports to see whether I need to pursue it further with my phone or when I get a simple report take care of it using Opera. I use it for quick Google searches and other things that a small screen works just fine on. The screen on my S1 is about the same size as my older flip phones and I had no problem using them either. I used a WAP browser on them for years with no problem. I got a message on Facebook a few weeks back that I saw while killing some time while kayaking, opened it, saw it was from a former coworker offering me a job, closed the browser, called him up using Bluetooth earpiece connected to the watch and accepted the offer while my phone was miles away.
I do find it humorous that some feel the need to insult those that think outside of the sheep mentality box.

Last edited:

Covertopps

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Why would you want to go blind browsing Web pages on such a tiny screen? To use Internet on a non 3g version you need your phone nearby anyways so just browse on the phone

You can't see, (eyes)that's why you don't use the browser. If there is something to be looked up on Internet without pulling out phone is very resourceful, what did they replace it with nothing, you sound ridiculous. At the amount I paid for this watch it should have Internet and some, even taking away the camera even more stupid. I would rather kept my Sony smart watch 3, it had the Internet and more, that's a watch

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You can't see, (eyes)that's why you don't use the browser. If there is something to be looked up on Internet without pulling out phone is very resourceful, what did they replace it with nothing, you sound ridiculous. At the amount I paid for this watch it should have Internet and some, even taking away the camera even more stupid. I would rather kept my Sony smart watch 3, it had the Internet and more, that's a watch
I can see a camera being useful though I've never had a watch with one before. When I'm out and about without my phone there have been some instances where a camera would've been handy to have. Not to take that awe inspiring sunrise or anything but more like for a notation or a better description of an item when trying to explain via text message.
Back on topic, I still have a use for my browser even though I need to use my reading glasses to do so.

Artistb

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I have used the samsung Gear S the Gear S2 and the Moto 360 2nd gen.... I liked the gear S the best ..And it had all the apps and yes it was easy to read the internet on the watch face and do other regular browsing though the screen .. small it still was nice not having to reach for the phone every time some notification came across very handy in my situation may not be for others but I believe the Smartwatch companies miss something by not doing what the Samsung Gear S had going on other ....watchmakers should take a clue from it... The standalone watches are the way to go... Other wise with the smartwatch has basically just telling you time and a few other things