How can I use a Gear S2 3g without a provider/esim?

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
hi u said that you basically use the 3g gear s2 as the normal bluetooth one right? if so i have 2 questions: 1) does it still drain the battery alot even tho the 3g feature is off and 2) can you play music from the speaker on the watch? Please reply because I ordered one for a really good deal from a friend and i dont plan on using the 3g features or anything just the bluetooth. Thanks

Playing music from watch will drain battery relatively quickly. I played music from watch at loud volume ( not certain if volume level influences battery usage) and after 6 hours was down to 36% battery left. I have Gear S2 Classic 3g on Tmobile.

dave90b23

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
hey thanks for you answer, i've been trying to find this for couple days now.
i just bought a sear s2 (t-mobile) from ebay and my phone is on sprint network, can i still use all the features if i would connect it to my phone via bluetooth?

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a Gear S2 (3g Verizon) from Ebay. You can still use the watch without signing up for a contract. The nice thing about the 3g version is that it comes with a speaker and as long as you have it connected via bluetooth, you can send and receive calls from your watch. I tested it out and it works great. I was worried about battery life but so far it's been pretty good. On a full charge, I'd turn it on around 7 or 8 am in the morning and by midnight I'd still have around 60% battery left. Tip: Whenever you turn on the watch it'll prompt you to "activate it", you just answer no and the message goes away.

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
If I buy on ebay an bad esn/ bad imei gear S2, can I use normally on Brazil, only without 3G/4G connection? Can I use Samsung pay with him?

You should be able to use Samsung pay if your phone supports it. The Gear S2 has NFC (on both 3G and regular version). NFC is what allows you to use Samsung Pay.

M Rana

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Use Gear S2 3g without a provider/esim

Hi Marc,
It gives me pleasure to provide you full information about Technology and how to use your Samsung Gear 2 3G Watch. You can pair your Samsung Gear S2 Watch with your Android Phone by pairing through Bluetooth or after downloading Samsung Gear Manager in your Android Phone through Google Play Store. After pairing your Samsung Gear S2 with your phone, it will monitor your heart beat, step walked throughout the day and your full health activity. In addition to this you can accept or reject call through Samsung Gear built in Speaker and also view all Social Media messages, emails, phone messages and whole call history. But to use your Samsung Gear SW as phone for calling purposes you have to get eSim from any Mobile Network who has launched eSim technology. You may contact with Mobile Networks in Germany and can buy eSim from that Mobile Network who has launched eSim Technology. In case any Mobile Network has introduced eSim Technology, that will provide you QR eSim Voucher. You may scan this QR eSim voucher after going to Settings in the Samsung Gear Manager. When scan is completed by the phone, your eSim will be stored automatically in your Samsung Gear S2 Watch.
After this whole process, you may use your Sansung Gear S2 as Complete phone system and may use your Samsung Gear S2 as phone even leaving your phone in the office or at home. Your Sansung Gear will work fully like Phone and may use it like a phone whether your phone is in the bag home or in the office.

But to use Samsung Gear as a Phone you have to get eSim from a Mobile Network in Germany or wait when any Mobile Network launches eSim Technology.

I am sure my message is sufficient and has full explaination about using a Samsung Gear S2 with 3G Texhnology.
Enjoy well and have a pleasant time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678