huge problem .....

actonac

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
ok not a problem pee sé... well, i got my gear s2 promptly after they appeared on the market (bestbuy). i love it, and any issues i can and will work with or around. i now find myself using my phone less i.e. referring to my watch for most things other than calls. therein lies my problem. i've left my phone at several places... home, car, work, counter tops at various retail outlets! not good! i read the firmware upgrade will alert you to bluetooth disconnection. that will certainly alleviate my fears of a lost, or stolen phone. anyone else has this "problem"?

Posted via the Android Central App

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Having had a smartwatch for a year and half now, the bluetooth "connection lost" prompt is helpful. Can't say I've left without my phone but I do know that I use my watch to view most notifications so I pull out my phone a LOT less than before I got my watch. There are several great apps for finding lost phones. One example that I've used for a while is "Where's My Droid" free from the play store. In it, you can create a secret text word that you send to your phone and it starts beeping loudly until you find it. Then, if you think it's not anywhere near you, you can text it another word and it'll send you the GPS coordinates and a map of where it is. Assuming the phone is on still. There's other apps and other security things (taking a front facing picture remotely in case someone else is holding your phone and also remotely wiping your phone) but I've used this app with those two text options above a few times and it's been great.

actonac

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
hahahah. case in point. i received the notification reply to this post on my watch and upon reaching for my phone, it wasn't in my pocket but elsewhere. thankfully i am at work and it was on my desk. thanks for the tips. i will look into those apps mentioned.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay