Battery life saver

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I'm coming from a Pebble which had GREAT battery life (comparatively speaking). Then I picked up the Gear S2 4G and the watch barely made 8 hours with very average use. Then, fiddling with the settings, I found SETTINGS --> CONNECTIONS --> MOBILE NETWORKS -->GEAR NETWORKS --> AUTO SWITCH (X). I turned this feature on and WOW what a difference. I unplugged my watch at 5:30 AM yesterday and at 9:00 PM it was at 50%. I unplugged today at 8:00 AM and it's 3:30 PM and it's still at 70%. Much better!

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting! And do you still have access to your 4G network independently of the phone? What is that setting on as default? I'm wondering what "Gear Networks" is and what putting it on "Auto Switch" actually does.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
"Gear network will be turned off automatically when your Gear is connected to your mobile device via Bluetooth. You will not be able to use your Gear phone number for calling and messaging while Gear network is turned off When your Gear is disconnected from your mobile device, Gear network will be turned on automatically."