Hi,

Since the latest firmware update (I got it a couple of weeks ago), I seem to be getting repeat notifications for the same email messages. I get a buzz and I look at the notification but don't do anything. A couple of minutes later I get another buzz with the same notification. This continues until I actually read the message on my phone and it gets marked as read.

It appears to only affect one of my email accounts (Exchange365). The other account (Gmail) seems fine. Both accounts go through the Gmail app on my phone (S6).

Am I missing a new setting somewhere?

Thanks
    12-31-2015 05:05 AM
    Hi,

Since the latest firmware update (I got it a couple of weeks ago), I seem to be getting repeat notifications for the same email messages. I get a buzz and I look at the notification but don't do anything. A couple of minutes later I get another buzz with the same notification. This continues until I actually read the message on my phone and it gets marked as read.

It appears to only affect one of my email accounts (Exchange365). The other account (Gmail) seems fine. Both accounts go through the Gmail app on my phone (S6).

Thanks
    Try clearing the device cache and see if that helps. You can do this by going into system settings > storage > cache (clear), or via Recovery. Just be sure to clear cache and not DATA.

Aside from that issue, how you are liking the update?
    12-31-2015 08:12 AM
    Hi,

Thanks
    I am having the same problem with an Exchange 365 account.
    12-31-2015 10:53 AM
    Try clearing the device cache and see if that helps. You can do this by going into system settings > storage > cache (clear), or via Recovery. Just be sure to clear cache and not DATA.

Aside from that issue, how you are liking the update?
    Thanks, I'll try that. As for the update, I've not really noticed much different - other than the yellow notification dot (which I immediately turned off!).
    01-01-2016 05:59 AM
    I am having the same problem with an Exchange 365 account.
    Hi, did you also only get this issue with the new firmware?
    01-01-2016 06:00 AM
    You have the email entered into the gear app when you just needed to select the notification. I did that and got 2 emails for the same thing too. It was my live account. It asked you to enter it when you set it up.
    01-02-2016 09:53 AM
    Hi, I have the same issue with my HTC M8. I have turned off play notification sound in my AOL and Hotmail accounts but, until I check mail I get a notification every 8 seconds. This has only happened since Marshmallow. Any help would be appreciated.

Oops sorry just seen this is a Samsung forum. I will re post.
    02-16-2016 07:38 AM
    I'm having the same problem, several months after this thread was started. Gmail and Office 365. Every several seconds. It drives me bananas, especially when I'm driving.
    10-14-2016 11:00 AM