Battery Life Tips on 3G Gear S2

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Very useful tips. Thank you.
One quick question: How do we know if the "4G radio" is turning off or not.....for me the default was "Auto" and I left it that way - also nothing else in the connections menu is turned on - (other than BT) ...so how do we know if 4G is turning off when its connected over BT...

Appreciate any help / comments. I am in trial period and will decide if I want to keep it based on few things....
The biggest issue for me right now : SVoice - pretty much useless....doesn't work, doesn't recognize many places on maps, its slow - its frustrating to keep hearing "I didn't recognize that - please say it again"..!! terrible.

When on the watch face, swipe down from the top. You will see a couple icons at the top.

If you see the BT icon, then you are connected via BT and Cell/Wi-Fi is turned OFF.

If you see Cell Signal and WiFi indicator, then you are not connected to your phone and your radio's are ON.

Setting the radio's to Auto is the best way to have full functionality and battery life. :D

Easiest way I can come up with on how to check.

Thanks!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I turned off wake up gesture, always on display and lowered the display to about 5. Now my battery works like a champ, though I did like the always on feature.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
First day with my silver Verizon 3g S2. WiFi off, location off, always on..off, no email notification. Brightness on 5. Turned on at 6:30am, at 9:30 pm still have 59%. Pretty happy so far.

red-beard

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Good thread!

I picked up a refurbished T-Mobile S2 for $109 to replace my ailing Gear S (water damage from the sim card holder not being water tight!)

I'm getting about 18 hours (5.5% per hour).

My Settings:

Cellular Off (I keep my phone nearby - Turn on cellular if going to use it independent)
(my office, metal sided building, has TERRIBLE cellular service, phone uses WiFi for service in the building).
BT on
Wake up gesture on
Screen - Always on
HR - Auto (medium)
Screen Brightness 2
Location Services Off
I am selective on which services send messages (E-mail and SMS only)
Using the standard "Modern Utility Stylize" watch face - I like the tick marks in the always on mode

I'm recharging now and based on the above recommendations I'm turning off the HR monitoring and the wake up gesture. I'll report my battery usage.

red-beard

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
With the above settings, still have 94% after 2 hours or 3% per hour. At this rate I should be good for more than 24 hours! I will update in a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol