How often do you restart or reset your watch to fix it?

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
One of the main points of a smartwatch, it seems to me, is to avoid the distraction of having to pull out your smartphone so much. Get a notification on your watch, reply if it's simple, ignore if it can be dealt with later, only deal with your phone if it's something crucial and complicated. But this only works if your watch/phone connection is pretty rock solid. If your watch may OR MAY NOT be reporting messages, emails, calls, etc., then you've got to check your phone regularly anyway.

I went for a good month or so with pretty reliable communication between my Samsung Note for and my Gear S2 classic, with just powering my watch off and on once a day or so. But now the problems have started up again: this time, my email watch app has not updated since yesterday afternoon, even after multiple off/ons and some tweaking of the settings. (Notifications from Typemail get through; just not the Samsung email app which works with the watch app.) Last resort is to completely reset the watch and delete and reinstall the Gear S app, but that's annoying. For me, this problem is a bigger one than the limited number of apps for the S2.

What are others experiencing on this front?

[Edit: I found a new possible cause of problems -- not enough free memory in my phone. Cleared some stuff out, and then started getting email again. I guess it needs some space to do its thing. So now I'm back to a state of being mildly concerned instead of really worried.]

Last edited:

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have only had to reset my watch when I get disconnected from the app store which happens on occasion. Other then that I have been fortunate that it works just fine otherwise.

Note 4 with Gear S2 3G

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Never yet. I may turn off/on the bluetooth on my phone now and then to reestablish connection, and an occasional restart, but that's about it.

Japandaman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I got my Gear S2 for Xmas 2015 and I've only had to restart it once, about 2 days ago. The Nike+ app was glitching a bit so after I got home, I restarted it just in case. All good since then.

icicle22

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
In general the phone and most of it's functions have been rock solid however the Nike App gets flaky sometimes and it stops tracking my mileage but works after a reboot. I walk 3 miles at lunch everyday and count on it to track so I have just gotten into the habit of shutting it off overnight while it charges just to be safe.