Uber App Works

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just used the S2 to order an Uber ride from San Marcos to Austin. It works!

Only downside? When the driver messaged me (to ask "Where are you?") I had to use my cell phone to answer. Maybe the S2 would have worked, but I didn't want to screw with it.

Otherwise, it was pretty cool to push a button on a watch and summon a driver!
;)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! There's so much potential with Wear devices, and I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more in the future.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the uber app. Is it only available on certain phones/watches? I'm running a Sony z5c with a gear 12th classic.

Posted via the Android Central App

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't find the uber app. Is it only available on certain phones/watches? I'm running a Sony z5c with a gear 12th classic.

It's in the Gear app store. You install Uber on your S2, and the companion app on your phone.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Right. I'm saying I can't find a uber app in the gear store. Didn't come up in a search. Are you using a Samsung phone?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't really make sense to me either. But if anyone else reading this can check and comment on if they see the app available and what phone they are using, it would probably help determine if the type of phone is the reason some are not seeing the app.

jem9777

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it only shows up on Samsung phones, as it requires the "Uber Companion for Gear" app to be installed on your phone, which for some reason they have chosen to place in the Galaxy Apps store instead of Google Play. It never showed up for me when I had my S2 paired with a Droid Turbo, but it does now that I have it paired with a Galaxy S6.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a need for Uber so I don't really care, but I don't understand Samsung only making it work on the S2 with Samsung phones.

The S2 is a nice watch (with some yet unaddressed issues, IMO), but I certainly wouldn't buy a Samsung phone just so I could get all the features of the watch.

eywong

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't really make sense to me either. But if anyone else reading this can check and comment on if they see the app available and what phone they are using, it would probably help determine if the type of phone is the reason some are not seeing the app.

I had a similar issue on my S7. I had installed Uber from the Galaxy Apps store.

How I resolved my issue:
1. Open Application manager
2. Tap Uber
3. Tap MORE -> Uninstall updates
4. Install Uber from Google Play store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay