Why isn't Gmail on my Gear S2 visible?

A

AC Question

Gmail on Gear S2 not visible

Gmail notification is not showing on my Gear S2 even though it is selected as an app on my Gear setup file on my Galaxy S6 edge. Instead I am seeing the generic email app. How do I get gmail on my Gear?

njitgrad

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gmail on Gear S2 not visible

Gmail notification is not showing on my Gear S2 even though it is selected as an app on my Gear setup file on my Galaxy S6 edge. Instead I am seeing the generic email app. How do I get gmail on my Gear?

I am having the same issue. Did you get it to work? Never had this problem with my Gear Fit.

Arlene O

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

I have same problem. I get yahoo and exchange email but not gmail.

Roy A

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Anybody figure this out. I have the Gmail app on my phone, it's checked in the notification setup in the Samsung gear app. Still doesn't show up on watch. Help

Roy A

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if I set the email app on the phone to use the Gmail address that works, but I prefer to use the Gmail app. If I set up the phone email app with the Gmail address, for the watch, and try to use the gmail app on the phone, then everything is duplicated on the phone. I get enough email as it is, thank you! On the plus side, I realized I am getting notifications from Gmail on the watch, and I can reply to the emails, but that is it. Cant create a new message on the watch.

Sean Mullen

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You don't have "Limit Notifications" set to on do you? My Gear is unavailable at the moment but IIRC, if you have "Limit Notifications" checked, it basically inverts the list of applications you have selected by blocking notifications from checked apps. If I'm mental here, sorry but I'm fairly certain that's what I read last night when I was not receiving notifications and had that setting enabled.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Limit notifications prevents the gear from receiving notifications when the phone screen is on (when the phone is being used).

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to use my watches native email app to read gmails, but it's not working. I have my Note 4's native Email app set to check gmail frequently and I've set the watch settings for (for "Email") for GMail as my account address, but when I open that watch app, it always shows "No Messages" even when I know new ones have arrived. Could someone suggest a fix?

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I can't get my yahoo to show on my S2 but everything else seems to be working great. Any idea why my yahoo notification aren't showing up?

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Go into the Samsung Gear application on your phone. Go to Notifications, then to Manage Notifications. Make sure you select the apps that you want notifications from.

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I was having the same problem. You have to turn on notifications at three places. 1. One the phone under setting/notifications turn on Gmail. 2. In the Gmail app turn on notifications under account (click on your email address). 3. Turn on notifications for gmail.

Posted via the Android Central App

wboyce58

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site

Why cant I load yahoo mail on my gear? I don't have mine through a cell company is that why?