Gear S2 screen sensitivity question, any help?

Japandaman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Gear S2 screen sensitivity question

Hello all,
My first post ever. I thought I'd start with a question that is really irritating me. The watch faces that are made by 3rd parties and you can buy in the Samsung Gear app store, do they do anything to the sensitivity of the watch itself? What I mean is, when I use the stock watch faces, the screen really only turns on when I check the time. I bought a 3rd party watch face and at times, no matter what I'm doing and how small my movements are, I find the screen turning on all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't made an changes to the watch settings whatsoever so I'm really confused as to why it's happening. And it's only one 3rd party watch face, I've downloaded some free ones and they don't seem to give me any grief.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gear S2 screen sensitivity question

I doubt that Samsung would give developers access to change the sensitivity of when the watch wakes up and when it doesn't, but I could be wrong.

I think it's more likely that you're just seeing what many of us have commented on - that the watch always wakes up unless I want it to. Me, I've just gotten used to swiping the screen or nudging the bezel when I want to know what time it is. At this point, if I'd known this would be the case I would have waited a bit longer before jumping into the smartwatch market.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gear S2 screen sensitivity question

I have had a different experience with a particular watch face (Xpressions Gear Pedo Cardio). It seemed that, for some reason, this watch face would wake up no matter what I had the watch set to (wake up turned off). I really liked the watch face but it was a drain on the battery. I switched to a different watch face and haven't had that issue since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800