Verizon Gear S2 and Google Voice, how can I get them working together?

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Gear S2 and Google Voice

I have been a user of Google voice lite on Verizon with my Note 5. However, I recently purchased a Gear S2. I have it set up so unanswered calls go to the watch. I cannot get calls to go Phone-Watch-Google Voice. I can forward calls either to the watch or to Voice, but not both. If I use Verizon voice mail it works (Phone-Watch - voicemail on the watch) but I cannot get this sequence on Google voice. If i try to set up Voice on the watch it just hangs.

kankan8

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue as well.
I added my Gear S2 to my google voice account. Followed the prompt to activate it on the watch example **004*11111111111# and received a "service not available" message on the watch.

I have also noticed since purchasing the watch and connecting it to my phone that I have to constantly reactivate google voice on my phone or else my messages will default back to the service providers voicemail.

Has anyone else been successful in setting up the routing?
Fyi...I am on tmobile but I would assume all of the carriers would have a similar setup as the other carriers.

Thanks in advance!

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it to work. On the watch, under "settings" "call" "call forwarding" set the number to your Google Voice number.

kankan8

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the update! I followed that step on the gear. It finally shows as activated on the google voice settings page, however, I received VM since doing so and unfortunately my voicemails are still being sent to the service provider (visual voicemail) instead of google voice :(.