Pair with 2 different phones possible?

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I use a Nexus 5 at work and a Note 4 for personal use. Can I pair the S2 with both of them at the same time? I would turn Bluetooth off on the phone that I did not want to use it with at the time. This is how I deal with pairing in my vehicle. The truck is paired with both phones and I simply turn off Bluetooth on the phone that I am not "using" even though I have both with me and turned on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to answer my own question just in case someone else else is wondering. The answer appears to be no.
I bought a Gear S2 the other day and paired it with my work phone (Note 4) right away with no problem.
Later in the day I turned Bluetooth off on the Note and tried to pair the watch with my S7e. The Gear app on the phone could not connect with the watch. I tried a few times before I gave up.
This morning I reset the watch to factory settings and it paired up with the S7e without a problem.
I was hoping that the watch would pair with whichever phone I wanted by turning Bluetooth off or on on which ever phone I wanted to use. I do this with the Bluetooth connection in my truck because the truck will only connect with one phone at a time even though it is aired with both of them.
Perhaps someone here has tried to do this as well and has been able to make it work.

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
From the Gear S2 owners manual:
"When you connect the Gear to another smartphone, the Gear automatically resets and all data is removed from its memory"

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
From the Gear S2 owners manual:
"When you connect the Gear to another smartphone, the Gear automatically resets and all data is removed from its memory"

Thank you. I obviously missed that. I appreciate your reply.