Watch band issues - need recommendation(s) please

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm *extremely* upset with Samsung. I wanted the white watchband S2 so badly and now that I've got it I'd like to smack Samsung upside the head. I've had my white band S2 for just a couple of months or so and already I cannot use the either of the white bands because they look absolutely filthy! I've tried at least 8 different cleaning products and absolutely NOTHING has cleaned either of the bands up. They're so bad I can't use them. It's insane to pay this kind of money for a watch that can't be kept clean. They need to make their bands of some other material or invent a cleaner that actually works.

So, I ordered a grey Henoda brand watchband through Amazon. It's much less "stiff" than the original band but the biggest problem is that I've nearly lost my watch several times over the past few days since I got it. The band "holder" slides up above the strap and so the clasp is left all by itself, gets caught in clothing and nearly opens up. I could lose my watch and not even know it in some instances, so I'll be sending this band back.

So, I need a new band but before I frustrate myself any further I'd like some recommendations for a band that will stay put. I'd LOVE a white one that STAYS CLEAN or at least is cleanable. Thanks!

Deb

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm *extremely* upset with Samsung. I wanted the white watchband S2 so badly and now that I've got it I'd like to smack Samsung upside the head. I've had my white band S2 for just a couple of months or so and already I cannot use the either of the white bands because they look absolutely filthy! I've tried at least 8 different cleaning products and absolutely NOTHING has cleaned either of the bands up. They're so bad I can't use them. It's insane to pay this kind of money for a watch that can't be kept clean. They need to make their bands of some other material or invent a cleaner that actually works.

So, I ordered a grey Henoda brand watchband through Amazon. It's much less "stiff" than the original band but the biggest problem is that I've nearly lost my watch several times over the past few days since I got it. The band "holder" slides up above the strap and so the clasp is left all by itself, gets caught in clothing and nearly opens up. I could lose my watch and not even know it in some instances, so I'll be sending this band back.

So, I need a new band but before I frustrate myself any further I'd like some recommendations for a band that will stay put. I'd LOVE a white one that STAYS CLEAN or at least is cleanable. Thanks!

Deb

What have you tried to clean it with? I've noticed that mine is also showing dirt, but I haven't tried actually cleaning it yet.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember them all but some of them are:

1. soaking in laundry detergent/water mixture
2. soaking in peroxide
3. soaking in vinegar
4. Mr. Clean Eraser
5. baking soda/water paste
6. soaking in Clorox Pre-Wash
7. my Grandmother's old stand-by Fels Naptha bar soap

Bands were soaked for several hours in each product. After all soaking options mentioned (and those I've forgotten) I tried using an old toothbrush to scrub with.

Still filthy. I have officially complained to Samsung. There is in my opinion just no excuse for their poor choice of materials for the bands.

WendyHughesJelen

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried rubbing alcohol? That's usually what removes this sort of thing, including stubborn label residue. I just got mine today. I want to find aftermarket bands so I could get one a bit longer. Seems challenging so far.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I also tried to clean mine without success. Sammobile has original replacement bands. I got a grey one that I use all the time too. The original white one is filthy. I wear only when exercising now. I have another backup white one but rarely use it. Once in a while. I too wish I would have gotten the black one though.

Posted via the Android Central App