Last App Active on re-wake?

hayesr3

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I coach and regularly use the timer function to countdown drills. One thing that I hate, when the watch goes to sleep, I have to turn the bezel, click on the app and and then get my timer. Is it possible to set it so the last active app is the first one that displays when the bezel is turned? Thanks!

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK not possible. I have been BEGGING for this feature since day one. Can't believe someone couldn't create an app to hack this shortcoming. It was available on Gear2Neo, should be on GearS2.

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
How about getting a watch face that has the timer on it. Gear O'Clock has one called Moon Light but there are others. Tapping on the bottom complication brings up the timer. You can also set up the "double press home key" to do this...either set the home button for the stopwatch or last app.

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
certainly a reasonable workaround for a specific app.
i however would like the watch to wake up to any app i am currently using.
i may be spoiled coming from gear2neo, but man once you have that feature, you really like it.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this same problem when trying to use My Notes for a grocery list. When I went to the store, I was constantly having to wake the watch and navigate to the app to see what was the next item on the list.

Thank you, Furious, for pointing out that the double-press home key could be set to "last app." Didn't realize that.

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, this will work for me. Double-tapping home will make it much easier!

If this is still of interest...
I made a watchface that will allow access to the timer with one tap on the watchscreen (a tiny bit more convenient than double pressing the home button). Search the Gear App Store for Lava A/D; it is free. Tap the digital clock to display the timer.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 20