My S2 used up all of my data!

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and registered to ask this question because I desperately need an answer. I have a regular S2(not a classic and no cellular service). It is paired with my Galaxy S4. Two days ago I changed my watch face (the only change that I am aware of, to either watch or phone). It is called Psylog Geek Neon. In those TWO DAYS, my entire data package (5gb) was eaten up by an app called:
"Samsung Acessory Service
Samsung Gear
Gear Plugin
SASystemProviders"
I did notice my phone lagging a bit, but didn't realize anything was wrong until I got my data warning. I guess it's too late for this month, but can someone PLEASE help me figure it out so I don't lose all of my data NEXT month? I really appreciate you takimg the time to read this and offering any advice that you may have. Thanks!

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
That face doesn't appear to pull anything from the network (it pulls data from the phone like step count), though it does pull distance so maybe it's constantly downloading mapping data. Ask the dev, change faces, and set up lower data warnings in your phone settings.

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
That face doesn't appear to pull anything from the network (it pulls data from the phone like step count), though it does pull distance so maybe it's constantly downloading mapping data. Ask the dev, change faces, and set up lower data warnings in your phone settings.

This could make very good sense. I wonder if it is maps. If it is, how can I prevent that without deleting the map app???

Thanks again for your help guys!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Imy not sure what you mean. It is connected by Bluetooth whenever I wear it, with the rare exception when I leave a room in my home and it uses the WiFi to stay connected. I don't have the super awesome 3g version though. :/

Sorry. Had multiple tabs open and was looking at the wrong one.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This could make very good sense. I wonder if it is maps. If it is, how can I prevent that without deleting the map app???

If it's the watch face that's somehow downloading map data in the background, then removing the watch face would fix it. But I'm just throwing out a guess. Email the developer of the watch face and ask if there's any way that watch face uses the phone's data plan in a way that could download a large amount of data. The only reason I think this might be possible is because the face has "distance", but it could also just guess distance from your step count. Like I said, ask the developer, change faces in the meantime, and set your mobile phone settings to alert you when you've used up a much lower threshold of data so you can stay on top of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy