question on screen time out

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
When i set the screen time out to 1 minute, i expect the watch to be ON for 1 minute but with a small shake of my hand, the display turns off. It is ON for 1 minute only if i keep the watch facing me. Is this how it is designed to work?

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When i set the screen time out to 1 minute, i expect the watch to be ON for 1 minute but with a small shake of my hand, the display turns off. It is ON for 1 minute only if i keep the watch facing me. Is this how it is designed to work?

Yes, the watch detects that you have moved your wrist to where you can't view it anymore therefor to save energy it turns off. Granted you still may be able to see the watch face but it does not know that, it just things you are not looking at it anymore.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the watch detects that you have moved your wrist to where you can't view it anymore therefor to save energy it turns off. Granted you still may be able to see the watch face but it does not know that, it just things you are not looking at it anymore.

Thanks for your reply

Roy A

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Posted via the Android Central
You can turn that feature off though. Go to display settings and set "Watch always on" to yes. Still only shows the "Ambient" watchface, but at least the watch is on. App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig