Hi guys,

After buying an S7 edge (switched from iPhone), I'm looking to sell my Apple Watch and get the Gear S2 but have a few questions for all you fellow owners:

1) for a WhatsApp notification, does it vibrate and show you the message on the watch face?

2) do all push notifications come through to the watch? I used to have the Flashscores app on my iPhone and it used to notify me on my Apple Watch of any football goals and final scores etc.

3) are there new apps being released weekly? I've read that the tizen app store isn't as supported as android wear?

4) how accurate is S Voice in comparison to the OK Google thing?

5) is there a way to control Spotify on the watch?

Thanks guys
    03-13-2016 02:27 PM
    Yes to WhatsApp, not sure about anything else. I get email notifications, Facebook notifications, I can control my music from there and my audio book. I can see who has called and is calling. I can see and respond to any messages or emails that come through and I haven't got the 3G one. I love it. It has a round face and some nice watch faces. Welcome to Android
    03-13-2016 03:57 PM
    1. I never used whatsapp but I understand it does work with the watch.
    2. Again I never used Flashscores but anything I set to come to the watch did.
    3. No. Mostly watch faces. There are some apps but most seem pretty worthless. With every Samsung watch release, Samsung takes away support of the watch before it. So know going in that within a year you can't redownload any of your apps if you have to reset the watch or get a different phone. That may even be the case now as people have complained they can't get some watch faces or apps back after a reset. No where near the amount of apps as there is for android or Apple
    4. S voice function was almost non existent on my watch. It never understood anything I said. This was not true on previous models but in the S2 it is (or was on mine and my brothers) worthless. As is voice quality. Nobody ever understood me on this one and I did get a replacement because I thought maybe it was just the 1st one I got. Same on the 2nd one as well. Again my brothers has the same issue.
    5. I didn't use Spotify either. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but that's all I got.
    You may also want to know you can not set appointments or reminders from the watch as you can with other smart watches.
    03-13-2016 05:38 PM
    Hi guys,

After buying an S7 edge (switched from iPhone), I'm looking to sell my Apple Watch and get the Gear S2 but have a few questions for all you fellow owners:

1) for a WhatsApp notification, does it vibrate and show you the message on the watch face?

2) do all push notifications come through to the watch? I used to have the Flashscores app on my iPhone and it used to notify me on my Apple Watch of any football goals and final scores etc.

3) are there new apps being released weekly? I've read that the tizen app store isn't as supported as android wear?

4) how accurate is S Voice in comparison to the OK Google thing?

5) is there a way to control Spotify on the watch?

Thanks guys
    1. Don't know, I assume so.
    2. Any app can send alerts. See 1
    3. It isn't, and it's not great for variety
    4. Very accurate... when it works.
    5. Yes

I like this watch a lot, but I also get frustrated with it a lot. Like most samsung things, they are simultaneously awesome and disappointing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rsmin likes this.
    03-20-2016 04:20 PM