Need Help with new Gear S2 and Numbersync

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm hoping to connect my new Samsung watch (S2 Classic 4g) to AT&T Numbersync. My AT&T phone is an iPhone 6s Plus. My Samsung phone is my T-Mobile phone. The AT&T phone # is my main line and that's the # I want to ring on the watch. I know I can call forward, but I'd rather not do that.

Whenever I log into AT&T to pair, it says "error in backend system."

Kyoshiro82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
You can sync it via the myatt app or online. Log in to your AT&T account go to my plan and device features and find the watch. Then activate numbers sync in the list for the watch. It will see your phone as long as they have it set up right with the correct imei.

Posted via the Android Central App

MJ Kubba

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Did you get this thing resolved ? I have the same issue with LG Urbane 2,
I called the support (611) and opened a case that didn't go anywhere!

alfredtv

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Not a simple option, but it works for me. I setup the S2 watch on an android phone with the SIM in it. I had to configure everything to make it functional (weather, maps, etc).

Once I confirmed NumberSync was working I shut down the phone and replaced my SIM in my iPhone. I can enable and disable numbersync from the watch with my iPhone.

I do not get alerts on the watch when the phone is in proximity (as it does not have a BT connection) but I didn't get the watch to wear when I have the phone. So far it is working the way I want.

I know Samsung released the Gear Manager for iOS, but read that it disables NumberSync!

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Not a simple option, but it works for me. I setup the S2 watch on an android phone with the SIM in it. I had to configure everything to make it functional (weather, maps, etc).
Using a cheap Android phone dedicated to remotely connecting with the S3 is probably the best way for iOS users to get maximal use from the watch. The phone doesn't even need a SIM card if it's connected to Wi-Fi. So it can sit on a shelf, never leaving the house. The only hiccup is caller ID, which can be addressed with NumberSync, Digits, or Google Voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech