Gear s2 not receiving text message notifications

cvnehring

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have been battling with my gear s2 classic and I can't seem to get text messages on my gear. I tried factory reset and I use the native messages app on the galaxy s6. I have the notifications turned on the the gear app, and the watch is connected to bluethooth. Anyone know how to get notifications working?

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
What app are you using. I had trouble with Textra (wasn't receiving the notifications on the watch) and switch to Go SMS Pro and haven't had an issue since.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah, what app are you using? I stick to stock, but I have tried Textra and Messages+, and both received notifications like normal on the S2 Classic

Brittani Anzovino

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If you want to use hangouts try to dl and install the android wear app on your phone. I didn't need to pair it with the watch but I then was able to even reply to hangout messages. Otherwise also check in the gear app, on your phone, the setting for receiving notifications if the phone is in use. That will have to be set so that it will still send notifications even if you are using your phone.

Gregory Washington

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
After experiencing the same problem, albeit 1 1/2 years later, the only solution that worked for me was deleting Samsung apps (Gear, Plugin, and Accessory Service from the phone, do a light reset of the watch, and installing a new messaging app (Pulse).

King_Boo

Dec 16, 2017
Visit site
This may be a bit late but I was having the same problem seems the only way I could fix it was to deactivate At&T number sync then reactivate it. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz