The watch and car are connected via Bluetooth to the Note 5.
    Previous setup was an LG G watch paired to the Note 5 and the Note 5 Paired to the Car. I could keep my phone in my pocket and using the watch start a phone call. The mic and speaker of the car then work for the call.
    Now I have the Gear S2 paired to the phone and the phone paired to the car.
    When I start a call using the gear it uses the mic and speaker of the S2 but shows up on the phone's display and the car display with the number dialed so the call is being routed using the phone's cell system not the watch's cell.
    I have not found a way to change that.
    Bluetooth settings on the Phone:
    S2 - Call Audio: On
    Contact Sharing: On.
    Car: Call Audio: On
    Media Audio: On
    Contact Sharing: On
    Other S2 Setting:
    Mobile Networks:
    Gear Network: Always On
    Mobile Data: On
    WiFi: Off

What I would like to be able to do. Using S-voice on the watch start a call using the phone's cell system but have the audio routed to the car's Bluetooth as it did before.
    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it, or can it be solved?
    04-13-2016 08:38 AM
    Bluetooth specifies how to transfer data from point A to point B - but it doesn't specify what data or the format of the data (IOW, some cars only handle a call once you've placed it using the phone). It's still going to be a few years until all "Bluetooth" devices "speak" the same language in the same way. (That's better than back in 2004, when you couldn't send MMS to a phone on a different carrier, because different carriers used different data formats.)

Sometimes updating the car audio's firmware (the dealer can do that if there's an update out) will make the particular phone work with the particular audio system.
    04-13-2016 09:38 AM
    Bluetooth specifies how to transfer data from point A to point B - but it doesn't specify what data or the format of the data (IOW, some cars only handle a call once you've placed it using the phone). It's still going to be a few years until all "Bluetooth" devices "speak" the same language in the same way. (That's better than back in 2004, when you couldn't send MMS to a phone on a different carrier, because different carriers used different data formats.)

Sometimes updating the car audio's firmware (the dealer can do that if there's an update out) will make the particular phone work with the particular audio system.
    I understand that. The phone did work fine with my previous setup. The only thing that changed was the watch. What is weird is the car display show a call in progress with the name and number of the person called. The phone, I believe, is treating the watch as a Bluetooth headset and thus not allowing the car's Bluetooth to be used for voice.
    The problem is having the phone use the car's Bluetooth rather than the watch regardless of how the call is placed. That is give voice/audio priority to the car if it is connect to the phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 10:00 AM
    I have my phone (Galaxy S6) paired to my truck's SYNC system. I also paired the watch as if it is a second phone, to the truck's SYNC system. I can then use the Bluetooth in the truck to make and receive calls, whichever device I use. I have the S2 3G.
    04-17-2016 12:25 AM