Wondering what this means in terms of an official iPhone/GearS2 app launch (do not download): (iTunes)_GearManager1416032201

[Edit: I am NOT recommending anyone download and run this software on their iphone or anywhere else. For all I know it could brick your phone. I'm just curious if it's presence indicates anything about a forthcoming official iPhone app for the Gear S2. ]
    04-13-2016 07:59 PM
    I'm not willing to try that on any iPhone I have. There is no way of knowing what this app really is and what it will do.
    04-14-2016 12:09 AM
    I'd ask that the moderator of this form to remove this entire post. Someone posted a link to an anonymous file on a cloud service and if somebody accidentally download ls it who knows what kind of havoc it can wreak on their phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2016 05:39 AM
    I'd ask that the moderator of this form to remove this entire post. Someone posted a link to an anonymous file on a cloud service and if somebody accidentally download ls it who knows what kind of havoc it can wreak on their phone.

Point taken. I'm not advocating people download it. Am just wondering what it might mean for a release date for an official iphone app. Edited the original post to make this clear. There's a discussion of it going on over on xda for those who want more details: Gear s2 and iPhone - remarks - Pg. 24 | Samsung Gear S2
    04-14-2016 07:33 AM
    Read this:

Cult of Android - Samsung's Gear Manager app for iPhone leaks out early | Cult of Android

I have all sorts of websites that send out alerts and my Mac notifies me of them. The above alert just came through about Gear Manager for iPhone.

I also do not have a Gear S2 watch so I would not be able to try out the app on an iPhone anyways.
    tstreete likes this.
    04-14-2016 12:13 PM
    I think it's an internal test, who leaked out...

I use it since yesterday with my iPhone and my Gear S2, no problem, everything works like a charm
    04-15-2016 03:46 AM

OMG I downloaded it ! I'm dying a slow death.

No seriously, if someone download it, he do it at his own risks... the subject is clear, and everybody knows that downloading files on a cloud could be damageable...
    04-15-2016 03:53 AM

No seriously, if someone download it, he do it at his own risks... the subject is clear, and everybody knows that downloading files on a cloud could be damageable...
    But it's an iPhone
    04-15-2016 06:00 AM

Technically, it is breaking the app store rules even though the app isn't released yet. You can't share apps even if they are free because it's still considered piracy. That rule applies to the Play store as well.
    04-15-2016 06:04 AM
    I've been using the beta app for about a week. It's working great. I can install watch faces, and apps.
    05-25-2016 09:53 PM