02-23-2018 01:06 PM
56 123
tools
    hi, if you have still not found a solution. i may of found it. after trying several things including deleting all my watch faces and apps the battery was still draining, after taking it off the charger i could literally see the battery draining. but after completely disabling Samsung health it seems to have done the trick. literally after 4 hours it as only gone down 5% compared to 70%. i disabled all notifications on the phone app, then also on the phone go to manage items and switch everything off. then on the s health app on the watch. swipe through to settings and turn off all health nudges, the go to workout detection and then again turn them all off.
    I'm pretty sure that was the problem.

I'll check back after a day or so to see if it truly worked but for now it's def working.
    10-19-2017 06:54 PM
    i have the same issue and it started about a week ago. I just turned off Samsung health notificaitons on boht the phone and watch so we'll see. seems like a dumb solution.. not certain why Samsung is not weighing in on this...must assume this product is not important to them...
    Clark Stephenson likes this.
    10-19-2017 06:56 PM
    well it's a dumb solution but it's worked. my watch lasted over nearly two days now. s health just completely drains it.
    10-21-2017 02:56 AM
    I am having a similar issue with my Gear S2. I am using mine with my Pixel XL and recently I have noticed I will go to use the watch and the screen is black so I will restart the watch and it will work fine and still be at about 75% battery. But something is locking the watch up completely. Now just today I took the watch off of the charger this morning at 9:45 and now it is completely dead at 1% and it was locked up and shut off because of it. I am going to try to shut off the S Health stuff tomorrow.
    12-26-2017 04:04 PM
    Just turning off the notifications from the Samsung Health app solved the problem for me.

I had this problem since I had to reset my Gear S2 and the Samsung Health notifications were obviously activated by default.
    01-06-2018 11:38 PM
    I've tried disabling shealth notifications on my watch but I couldn't find where? Is that under settings, Health tips? Or is it workout detection? Do I have to turn them all off?

What about the phone? Where do I turn those notifications off? In Shealth app or samsung gear app?

My gear s2 battery is only holding up a single day ( from 12am till 10 pm )....

Any suggestions on what to do?

Just turning off the notifications from the Samsung Health app solved the problem for me.

I had this problem since I had to reset my Gear S2 and the Samsung Health notifications were obviously activated by default.
    02-23-2018 01:06 PM
56 123