After the update yesterday,with my AT&T 4G S2, I started noticing I wasn't getting notifications for messages/missed calls on my gear s2. I went into app manager and noticed that the notifications for these apps were unselected now!! When I tried to select them, it came up with a message that these notifications come thru numbersync and numbersync has to be turned on. Well, I *Never* turn numbersync off but, now it is turning off by itself.....all the time. I always have it on in the settings and then it 'engages' it when the watch is out of bluetooth range with the phone.

It had happened this morning again. I had to go into settings on the watch, turn numbersync on, and then the notifications for these apps are automatically selected again. This *never* happened before the update. Numbersync setting stayed on and it engaged numbersync only when the watch was out of bluetooth range of the phone.

Anyone else with AT&T 4G version S2 experiencing these same issues? I might deactivate/reactivate numbersync to see if it fixes this. It had been working JUST fine though until the update yesterday....sigh.
    05-05-2016 07:53 AM
    Same thing happened to me. When I turned on Numbersync on the phone it generated a pin code that I had to login to my ATT account online, select the gear and re-enable Numbersync. It is back to working properly now.
    05-05-2016 08:40 AM
    Well I deactivated it and reactivated it and it is still broke. Why did they have to break this feature??? I know what triggers it. If I move far enough away from my phone where it is out of Bluetooth range but then come back, apparently before numbersync can kick in, it turns off. And hence I have to manually turn numbersync on again to make things work. Obviously they didn't test this functionality with the update. Worked fine before it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2016 12:40 PM
    I have the Verizon watch, but I have read that people had various problems after the update. Performing a Light Rest of the watch restored the functions that the update seemed to break.
    05-05-2016 09:10 PM
    Great idea. Going to try light reset tomorrow!!

05-05-2016 09:14 PM
    I've been having this same issue for days and I thought it was just my phone. It is constantly turning itself off. I contacted AT&T support via Twitter but they could give a crap less because after 2 power offs and 6 attempts to sync it finally generated a code to sync again. It will only resync with the code. I can activate it on my gear but it doesn't take. This is so infuriating I want to return it and just walk away!
    05-11-2016 09:27 PM
    Has anyone had numbersync hold the connection when away from your phone? My Gear disconnects from numbersync when I get to far away from my phone.
    05-14-2016 06:20 AM
    Has anyone had numbersync hold the connection when away from your phone? My Gear disconnects from numbersync when I get to far away from my phone.
    The distance from your phone shouldn't make a difference. They do not have to be close to each other. I left my phone at home and ran some errands and Number Sync was fine...Since the Watch has it's own sim card. It's all on the AT&T network...
    05-25-2016 03:20 PM
    Biggest thing to look for is the # sign make sure you are using numbersync and not the Samsung remote connection.

06-08-2016 08:13 AM
    My number sync STILL to this day just deactivates on it's own and I have to set it up again. It's very odd. It just did it today....did it yesterday too. I think they STILL have some bugs to be worked out with this.
    07-05-2016 02:01 PM
    My number sync STILL to this day just deactivates on it's own and I have to set it up again. It's very odd. It just did it today....did it yesterday too. I think they STILL have some bugs to be worked out with this.
    Yep mine still does it....Att told me to replace my Note 5.
    07-22-2016 10:58 AM
    Same issue but it seems like it's been an issue since I got the watch with an S7 Galaxy Active. I've noticed that as soon as I get out of range of my phone enabling the mobile network on the watch, old text messages that I've already read and deleted start popping up on my watch. I then notice that the NumberSync was showing as OFF. I'll turn it back on, after several attempts, then things seem fine. It does this every other day and I can't figure out why. Email is always in sync 100%. The problem seems to be isolated to text messages. The recent update isn't the issue. BTW...my wife has one too and never has a problem but she has the Galaxy S7 Edge and the sport model of the watch. I have the classic. Not sure that's a factor but thought it was worth mentioning. Any ideas anyone?
    07-28-2016 01:55 PM
    Number Sync should be renamed to "Number Suck" IMHO. When I first bought my 3G S2 Classic, I had a Note 3 phone which was incompatible so I left NS disabled. Later when I bought my Note 7 I enabled it again, only to have all incoming calls to either my Note 7's number or my S2's number disappear into some kind of black hole - no ringing, no voice mail, just an intercept saying "the number you have dialed is not accepting incoming calls." Disabled NS and plan to leave it off until my contract is up, and then I'm going to dump it. It's a worthless gimmick whose only usefulness is to generate another revenue stream for at&t.
    09-23-2016 01:07 PM