Screen Protector Yay or Nay? Best one?

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have always used ballistic glass screen protectors on my phone screens, although there isn't a great option for my current S7 edge.
Anyways I am worried about the watch face getting scratched. Do many of you actually use a screen protector? And if so what are some of the better brands?
I've browsed the amazon selection and reviews and there doesn't seem to be a great option.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed a Spigen glass protector that I got from Amazon. Installed fairly easy, is optically clear and really sticks well. I think a protector is needed more on a watch and I've had good luck with Spigen products.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes....use one for piece of mind. Be aware that some brands don't fit the screen all the way depending on which Gear S2 you have...3G/4G the carriers sell or the non-3G that you can buy on Amazon, etc. I use a Supershieldz for my Gear S2 3G in the 52mm size.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I also use a Supershieldz and it installed easily and with no halo. I think watches need it more due to accidently hitting ur watch on anything.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed a Spigen glass protector that I got from Amazon. Installed fairly easy, is optically clear and really sticks well. I think a protector is needed more on a watch and I've had good luck with Spigen products.

I was thinking about this protector for my Gear S2 3G but it looks a bit smaller than the watch's face on the pictures.
Is this true or just my imagination?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Spigen glass will be smaller if installed on the 3G/4G Gear S2. That glass will fit the non-carrier bluetooth version correctly. The 52mm Supershieldz glass covers the whole watch screen glass.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about this protector for my Gear S2 3G but it looks a bit smaller than the watch's face on the pictures.
Is this true or just my imagination?

Not your imagination, but may be optical illusion as the edges are beveled. You're probably seeing the top of the roll instead of the edge of the protector. But, I have the S2 BT only, not sure if there is a diameter difference with the 3G model?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a difference. The physical size of the watch glass of the 3G/4G watch is a couple millimeters larger than the BT only model.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And the Classic is also a different size I think. What a crap shoot for protector vendors - which do you size for. Size aside, I do think the Spigen is a very good item.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Supershieldz tempered glass protector for my Gear S2 Classic 3g. I am quite impressed with the protector. It was fairly easy to place, only had to pull it up once and reset it. It is oleophobic, crystal clear and offers a level of user confidence not available with an unprotected screen. The rounded edges are nice. I do not mind that it has a minor gap from bezel, because if it fit exactly up to bezel dust, lint and dirt might cause interference with bezel operation. This is a great protector!

Found out the hard way, tgat yes, the 3g model is actually larger than the regular Gear S2 Classic. I had ordered a Skinomi full body protector in brushed aluminum, but first installation revealed the protector is not designed for the 3g Gear S2 Classic. Skinomi Customer service was great and refunded me. But now am on the hunt for a full body protector.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I bought two of these, one as a backup, now I have to buy another one. Why because the glass protector saved my screen. It chipped on the edge when I somehow managed to hit the watch against a pointy object. The screen protector took the blunt of it without damaging the watch. $8 well spent. Highly recommend.
Removed the chipped one and installed the new one with no problems. And no I did not keep the damaged one to take a picture.
Posted via the Android Central App

Bonjovigirl

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had to replace my screen protector 3 times so glad I had one on or it could of been the watch getting marked up. I figured out my problem so this one is doing better. I wear a Pandora bracelet on same wrist and I have a couple of dangle charms and I think they were hitting it, so I moved it to my other wrist.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Supershieldz for both of our S2's. Pretty happy with the results. The only area I see where they could have improved would be to put a sticky tab on the TOP of the glass to help with placement. Thinking back on it though, I could have just used of the dust stickers to do that... The fitment is great, the curved edge gives is a nice reflection and it doesn't even really look like there's a protector on it. For the price, I definitely recommend it. I feel much more comfortable wearing my watch now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance