I've been worried about the future of the S2 since I bought it in October. Many credible sources say an S3 is on the way. Chances are it will be Tizen based, but what does that mean for us S2 users. Further, Google has now announced/shown off Android Wear 2.0.

It has many features that the S2 has been lauded for (keyboard) and will allow direct connection to the internet, something my S2 struggles to handle at all. All in all, I'm worried. I think the rotating bevel is the single most innovative thing any smartwatch has done, but having it tied down by Tizen, which is awful, is making me consider jumping ship.

I'm not too mad about a lack of apps, but I am mad at a lack of any voice control at all. S Voice does not do anything, I tried sending a text message in a very quiet room, it took 45 seconds to register the first six words I said and then crashed the entire watch.

We all know Android Wear uses Google's voice system, which is incredibly smart, incredibly quick, and incredibly accurate. If Samsung doesn't improve or get rid of S Voice, I see no future in their wearable ecosystem.
    BiGsMiLeSKyLe likes this.
    05-22-2016 09:35 PM
    I agree with everything you said. I also have an Urbane 2nd Edition lte, and Google's voice recognition is completely amazing compared to pathetic S Voice. On the other hand, I try to rotate the bezel on my Urbane out of habit to wake it up, after wearing my S2, virtually every day since October. The rotating bezel is amazing, and it really sucks that it isn't on my Urbane.
    05-23-2016 09:00 AM
    In what sort of situations and for what sort of tasks would you want to be able to use Google Voice (or improved S Voice) on your watch?
    05-23-2016 09:28 AM
    In what sort of situations and for what sort of tasks would you want to be able to use Google Voice (or improved S Voice) on your watch?
    Hands free calling with or without the phone Bluetooth tethered on the 3g model. Asking questions when my phone is in my pocket. Sending text via voice without having to take out my phone. Doing just about anything else with voice commands where I don't have to use my phone but the computer on my wrist.

Posted via the Android Central App
    optimummind likes this.
    05-23-2016 10:24 AM
    I really want to have reminders. The Google reminders are incredibly helpful and it would be nice to set those via the watch.
    optimummind likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:00 PM
    I really want to have reminders. The Google reminders are incredibly helpful and it would be nice to set those via the watch.
    Not sure if it works the same on the S2 but on my S1 I tap sync on my Samsung calendar about once a week, it imports my Google calendar and they show up on the proper days on my watch.
    Here's an example from Google Calendar ,that I synced one day last week the last time.

Back on topic, I'm excited about AW2.0 because Google actually supports their os and it's going to be a game changer that'll either push Samsung to do better or I'll be fine switching platforms when my S1 wears out.
    05-28-2016 07:32 PM
    I pretty much feel the same way about the current state of the S2. Just out of curiosity I put on my original Zenwatch the other day and have been pretty much wearing it ever since. Although the S2 3G that I have can do several things that my Zenwatch can't such as calling, health tracking, and GPS(I've pretty much given up on Samsung Pay being added to the watch), the Zenwatch or just Android Wear in general is so much better at everyday tasks like using voice actions(texts, general questions, playing music on my phone via Play Music), and Maps integration. This doesn't even include the huge app gap between the two. More than likely once the new batch of AW watches with 3g support come out I'll be jumping ship.
    06-03-2016 10:32 AM
    I agree with everything you said. I also have an Urbane 2nd Edition lte, and Google's voice recognition is completely amazing compared to pathetic S Voice. On the other hand, I try to rotate the bezel on my Urbane out of habit to wake it up, after wearing my S2, virtually every day since October. The rotating bezel is amazing, and it really sucks that it isn't on my Urbane.
    See my thread on a trick to make S-Voice work better. A bit clunky but it responds much better.
    06-03-2016 10:35 AM