How can I connect my Samsung Gear S2 (Classic) with my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime?

A

AC Question

How can I connect Samsung Gear S2 (Classic) with Samsung Galaxy Grane Prime

I am nothing short of astounded; Samsung seem to have created a lovely-sounding watch, the Gear S2 Classic, that requires a phone-based app to manage it. OK, fair enough, BUT I now find (after I have bought it) that for whatever reason, the specs required for Samsung Gear phone app are only for new, high end phones !

The phone I have is barely a year old, a Grand Prime running Lollipop 5.0.2 with 1 GB ram, but the idiots at Samsung have made the app require NO LESS THAN 1.5GB....

So I try to install Samsung Gear on my phone and it doesn't even show (as it is not listed as being compatible).

300 euros paid for a brand new watch which does absolutely nothing !!!!!

Samsung's reply when I chatted to a supposed tech support agent was, if you can believe it: "Return the watch".

I will change my phone I guess in about six months.... but I watch to use the watch now.

SO PLEASE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FIX ? I don't care how, I would just like to use the watch that I have paid good money for.

[Samsung have scored a serious own goal here.... to the extent that my no. 1 choice for technology from TVs, to monitors, to laptops, to phones..... (the list is quite long)... Is about to be drop kicked to bottom of the list. Or possibly removed from the list altogether.

Anyone at Samsung brave enough to come back with real solution, not some ***** suggestion to return the device I have just bought ?

Thanks

timoto5

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks B.Diddy for the response.

Just to say that NOWHERE on my research (and I did quite a lot before forking out some 300 euros on the S2 Classic) was there a warning anywhere that indicated there was a limitation that might completely prevent me from using this watch with a Samsung phone that is only about a year old.

Your reference to a 'poor experience' is one thing, but currently I am not allowed to have any experience ! On a scale of 'nothing to good'.... I'd accept "poor" for now !

So, with the greatest of respect, my question still stands: Is there any way that I can get a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime paired with a Samsung Gear S2 watch ? Even if it is suboptimal I will happily accept that for now until I upgrade my phone in a few months.

And I can bet that I will not be the only person out there who has a similar issue...... So a fix will be worth pursuing/identifying I am sure.

Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I connect Samsung Gear S2 (Classic) with Samsung Galaxy Grane Prime

Sorry to hear that. I did a quick Google search and found that it requires 1.5gb ram pretty quickly. If you weren't able to ascertain in your search that it requires 1.5gb ram, did you contact Samsung customer support?

uploadfromtaptalk1465947824092.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok so, I had to look for a phone with less than 1.5gb ram which I had, which was difficult but then I remembered that I had a Verizon moto e 2nd gen with 1gb ram which I picked up for $10 sometime back. I backed up the gear apk and emailed it to myself and was able to side load it onto the Moto e 2nd gen.

Shawn Hobbs1

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Ok so, I had to look for a phone with less than 1.5gb ram which I had, which was difficult but then I remembered that I had a Verizon moto e 2nd gen with 1gb ram which I picked up for $10 sometime back. I backed up the gear apk and emailed it to myself and was able to side load it onto the Moto e 2nd gen.

Question, I got a gear s2 as a gift. How did well did the gear s2 work with the moto e?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX