Removing rear cover of Gear S2 R720.

Donny4

May 10, 2016
Visit site
The 4 small screws which hold the rear cover of the Gear S2 have a "Y" Shape or "Tri-Wing" screw head.
I am trying to find the size of this special screwdriver and where I can obtain one please?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've searched for the answer on the web, and was unsuccessful. You should be able to contact Samsung support, and they'll surely provide you with that information.

Chris

Donny4

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Chris, I have found the Y shape or Tri-Wing Bit size it is Y000 (the smallest tip available) and can be obtained from Silverhill Tools Type ATKYB. Regards Donny.

Donny4

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Good Question Mr S, After a few days of receiving my brand new Gear S2 my watch strap parted company with the link. I contacted Samsung and had to book the complete Watch in for Repair although this problem is apparently common...See
Samsung Is Replacing Gear S2 Sport Bands For Free | Androidheadlines.com
Ok so I purchased a new watchband from the Web but then couldn't remove it!!! I have now managed to take out the 4 screws from the rear of my S2, and loosen the rear cover, hoping I could then remove the Strap but no luck. Any advice on how to remove an obstinate Strap from a S2 would be appreciated!!
Regards Donny.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha. Glad I didn't have that problem! Hope u get that fixed up quickly!

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Good Question Mr S, After a few days of receiving my brand new Gear S2 my watch strap parted company with the link. I contacted Samsung and had to book the complete Watch in for Repair although this problem is apparently common...See
Samsung Is Replacing Gear S2 Sport Bands For Free | Androidheadlines.com
Ok so I purchased a new watchband from the Web but then couldn't remove it!!! I have now managed to take out the 4 screws from the rear of my S2, and loosen the rear cover, hoping I could then remove the Strap but no luck. Any advice on how to remove an obstinate Strap from a S2 would be appreciated!!
Regards Donny.

Pictures would help in giving advice. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12