looking into the gear s2

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have never tried a smart watch. Mainly because they all seem to crazy over sized. I have small hands and wrist. I giant obtrusive watch would annoy me.

I have looked at the s2 and seen a few people's and it's the perfect size. As far as functionality how does it perform.

What's the pros and cons?

I know I can read a bunch of reviews, I rather ask people who have them.

Also I have the HTC 10 how easily does it pair to other phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

slev

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
The classic is a good size for us small wristed people. However... I would wait until October. We know a new set of smartwatches is coming out. Here's what to consider. The new Moto 360 2016 edition will run Android Wear 2.0 which is a huge step up for Android Wear. Further the Gear S3 will be out. Who knows how it will differ from the Gear S2, but it likely will. Finally, Tizen is still new and Samsung is currently not showing any signs they really mean to make the Gear S2/S3 a great platform. We were promised Samsung Pay on our watches in November, then Early 2016. Guess what, still not Samsung Pay.

S Voice is also crap and again, no signs of Samsung trying to fix that.

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
There are a number of phones not on Samsung's supported list that folks report work fine with the Gear S2, but I haven't heard about the HTC 10 one way or the other. I've loved my Gear S2 classic since I picked it up last October. Part of it is the fashion thing, which is subjective. The bezel interface is genius, and the interface itself works really smoothly. The app selection isn't great (though it depends on what specific apps you want/need; there are a lot of Apple watch users who are disappointed by the whole app situation over there, even though they've got thousands to choose from). Notifications work OK, and it's true that S Voice leaves a lot to be desired, which is particularly a problem if you are trying to reply to a text on your watch. You can easily choose from a list of stock replies for simple messages, like "I'm on my way." But for anything more distinct than those, I generally find it easier to pull out my phone than fight with S Voice. (I'm not big on talking into my watch anyway, so the S Voice problems are not a deal breaker for me.)

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine with my purchase of the S7. I like it a lot but am thinking about selling it
I haven't worn a watch for over a decade and I'm going to start now

Posted via the Android Central App

paisley99

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I love mine so much.It is the first one that is the right size for me and after 4 months or however long I've had it I've never regretted it. Just makes receiving texts, checking weather time, so much easier. Also love the 'find my phone feature' and use it as my alarm clock. etc.

I pair mine to a motorola phone, easy peasy works great.

As long as charging it daily doesn't bother you (the only con i can think of), I'd go for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae