I've had my Gear S2 for 2 months and have actually had a fairly good experience using it to track my running and cycling. I'm not an athlete so I don't mind if things are just a little off. One thing I do use is the HR monitoring. I'm on a medication that jacks my HR and because I am in my 40s I like to monitor it while exercising. If it gets too high I scale back until it lowers.

Anyway, this morning when out for my run the S-Health app just closed while in Running. GPS tracking, HR tracking were both on, as always. When it closed, it stopped tracking. Annoying, but I thought maybe I had accidentally hit Pause and it reset. But, I turned it back on and it closed and stopped tracking again. And then again.

I turned on Nike Running (I don't like it, in general) to see if it was also affected but it wasn't. It stayed on for the rest of my run.

Then, later, I was biking into work and I used S-Health Cycling to track and it turned off and stopped tracking. I didn't bother trying to turn it back on.

So, I have no idea what's going on. I closed open apps, rebooted the device. I suppose I could hard reset, but I'd rather not.

Any ideas?
    06-28-2016 03:09 PM
    So, update:

On my bike ride home from work yesterday S-Health worked fine. And on this morning's run, it worked fine.

It's been super hot and humid here lately and I've been sweating profusely during physical activity.

I wonder if some sweat got on the touch screen and was causing this. Normally, when I run or bike, I just keep the screen showing HR. Yesterday, during the run and shortly before it cut off, I turned the dial to check distance before turning it back. Later I noticed sweat on the face. So, maybe that caused it to back out of the program?
    06-29-2016 11:16 AM