Hi gang I'm sorry for the noob question. When I switched from my S4 Active to an iPhone, I got an Apple Watch. I got used to all the things it does and doesn't do. Now I switched back and got an S7 Active with a Gear 2 Classic that should come in the mail today. I'm so confused about how the Gear 2 Classic works. As in the fact that it "doesn't have a speaker" yet you get your calls forwarded to it even without your phone with number sync? What do you do with these calls if there's no speaker? I got used to being able to talk to my wrist and have it talk back, lol. The free watch was one of the things that cemented my decision to go back to Samsung. I hope I don't regret it...
    07-11-2016 11:32 AM
    Hi gang I'm sorry for the noob question. When I switched from my S4 Active to an iPhone, I got an Apple Watch. I got used to all the things it does and doesn't do. Now I switched back and got an S7 Active with a Gear 2 Classic that should come in the mail today. I'm so confused about how the Gear 2 Classic works. As in the fact that it "doesn't have a speaker" yet you get your calls forwarded to it even without your phone with number sync? What do you do with these calls if there's no speaker? I got used to being able to talk to my wrist and have it talk back, lol. The free watch was one of the things that cemented my decision to go back to Samsung. I hope I don't regret it...
    You can't actually talk on the watch. It's basically saying that the notification will be forwarded to your watch, even if you're not in Bluetooth range *as long as you're on a Wi-Fi network that the watch knows*.
    07-11-2016 11:59 AM
    You can't actually talk on the watch. It's basically saying that the notification will be forwarded to your watch, even if you're not in Bluetooth range *as long as you're on a Wi-Fi network that the watch knows*.
    Unless it is the 3g version, then it dies have a speaker

Posted via the Android Central App
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    07-11-2016 12:30 PM
    Unless it is the 3g version, then it dies have a speaker

Yep, that's a good point, and since we're probably talking about the AT&T promo here, it's almost certainly the S2 with cell data.
    07-11-2016 12:43 PM
    Ahhhhh ok! Awesome. Yes, AT&T version. I was starting to really regret it since I'd seen the bit about the lack of a speaker and I'd also read somewhere it didn't have GPS....then it did have GPS and it there werent any good running aps.... But I think I can make Nike+ work for me.
    07-11-2016 12:51 PM
    Ahhhhh ok! Awesome. Yes, AT&T version. I was starting to really regret it since I'd seen the bit about the lack of a speaker and I'd also read somewhere it didn't have GPS....then it did have GPS and it there werent any good running aps.... But I think I can make Nike+ work for me.
    I have the Verizon version, and there is a speaker. I take calls on the watch both in Bluetooth mode AND standalone mode. It's very useful to when driving.

07-11-2016 02:10 PM
    Got the watch in and WOW! I can't believe how far Apple is on this front. This watch is amazing.
    07-12-2016 08:37 AM
    The 3g model has calling options. My old Gear2 could take calls as well. But the S2 sport cab standalone. That's a major reason why I got it and it was on promo with Verizon. Love this watch and Samsung

08-08-2016 10:40 PM
    Yep had it for a month now and love it.
    08-12-2016 05:19 AM