Gear Manager issues

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have had my Gear S2 since Christmas and I love it. However, earlier this year I discovered an update to the Gear Manager app that is very annoying. When I first install the app on my phone (A Motorola Droid Turbo 2) everything works perfectly. All the menus work upon install like the Notifications, app install, settings, etc. However after I get it setup, it will run a couple days and then I noticed that my notifications aren't coming through. I tried to go into the Samsung Gear app and click on the notifications option. It will flash for just a second and then go back to the main menu. In fact it does this for every option on that app except for the last one (Samsung Galaxy Apps) which works just fine. I can even install new watchfaces. But I can't make any changes to anything else.

Unless.....

I uninstall all the apps it installs (Gear manager, gear plugin, s health, etc) and then reinstall them. If I do that, I get one shot at setting everything up and it will work again for a while. But if I make a mistake (forget to select a notification I do want for example) I have to again start all over.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on with this crazy app?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If everything is grayed out, it sounds like the app has lost contact with the watch. At least, that's what mine does. Otherwise, Samsung has pretty much said GM and Gear work on Samsung phones, or you're on your own.

Samsung does have a pretty good support webpage if you've registered the Gear I would open a chat or ticket and see what they suggest.