(need some help) all of a sudden battery life has dropped.

TB-1599

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a AT&T 3G Gear S2 and all of a sudden (the last week or so) my battery life as dropped a lot. I could go a day and a half almost two before it needs to be charged. Now after only 7 hours, I am getting a low battery warning and I have to switch to battery saving mode... As anybody else had a problem like this recently? I turned off heart rate tracking and all of the exercise notifications. Is there a way to check if any background apps are running so I can turn them off?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a AT&T 3G Gear S2 and all of a sudden (the last week or so) my battery life as dropped a lot. I could go a day and a half almost two before it needs to be charged. Now after only 7 hours, I am getting a low battery warning and I have to switch to battery saving mode... As anybody else had a problem like this recently? I turned off heart rate tracking and all of the exercise notifications. Is there a way to check if any background apps are running so I can turn them off?

That happened to me once in a while. To fix it, I simply powered off the watch completely then turned it back on after a couple minutes. A reboot once in a while seems to be good for the watch.

TB-1599

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Full factory reset.....but try a Soft/Light Reset first....might work for you.

Did a soft reset yesterday gave it a full charge. I took it off its cradle this morning at 6 A.M. here we are a little over 8 hours later and I am at 21% I may just to a full factory reset today....

Dr Flibble

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site

Same problem since last week, I used to charge once every 3 days, I've lost at least a day of battery. My watch updated last week

TB-1599

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Full factory reset seems to have worked. I did the reset wed night. By the time I got home form work after taking the watch off of the cradle it was just over 50% So it seems better now. Today after a full charge I am 5 hours into my day. I have switch out the watch face a few times. I have been using the music controls and I am at 78% so I think I am good to go. Thanks for the advise.