Does anyone swim while wearing this watch?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Swimming puts a LOT more pressure on the case and seals than the rating allows for. It's something like 1m (3ft) for a half hour in still, room temperature fresh water. A weak swimmer can generate a lot more pressure than that each arm stroke.
I won't stress if it's raining or even worry too much if the kids push me in the pool, but I won't bring it in the water on purpose.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. The description says you can shower with it, which I would not do anyway, so I was wondering about the swimming. I will leave it out of the pool! :)

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would not swim with it, but I was curious about showering with it on. So I did a little test.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

Attachments

• 20160813_125931.jpg
    20160813_125931.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 86

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I am guessing it's all still good? :)

It should be fine, I've showered with mine on numerous times and it's ok, that's a carryover from my Pebble Time which I only take off to charge every 4-5 days. I do however wear it loosely enough that I can move it around and wash under it easily

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I shower with mine daily and have taken it in lakes and pools, but it isn't under water all that much. I don't know if I would want to wear it if I was actually going to be doing laps for a half hour or something, and definitely not diving or anything where you may go deeper than the rating.

Ysl4527

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I wear it swim at La fitness almost every day and have no problem at all, each session takes about 30-60mins. It can dipped into jacuzzi as well but not over 1 min. Somehow, my friend bought a refurbished one and got water damaged once he swim. So I guess, only original ones can handle pool situation. You're welcome.

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've swam in mine 3 times now since I've had it with the most recent being today, never had a single issue and it still works perfectly

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to argue with those who are swimming and showering with their watch, but just so people know, I've seen one or two reports from folks who said Samsung does not honor the warranty if they get damaged due to swimming, and early on they released some instructions telling folks not to expose the watch to "fast running water."

http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...ater-resistant-gear-s2-really-gears2water.png

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm also kind of surprised that people have been able to swim with the watch without issue (the level of water-proofing it offers isn't officially supposed to allow for swimming because of the extra forces it experiences during the stroke.) Glad it works, but I'd be afraid over time the seals wouldn't hold out...
As sure as day follows night, there will be an S2 update eventually and, in addition to MST, I'm hoping they add true 50 M water resistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool